Login, PHP, and Database Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login, PHP, and Database Help

I'm very new to building websites and am a real beginner (thought bluevoda would help) so I think I need a lot of help. I've gone through all of the tutorials (at least the basic ones) and am having trouble with the login part and how to make the pages all come together and connecting it to my database. Here is a step by step of what I've done:

1) I've hit the login button
    2) Created username, password, and login button
    3) I then right-clicked login, clicked properties
    4) Hit Create Database button, Select Database of file, entered username and password and created Data File Wizard, which created a .php file into .cpanel.

I know this is a really silly question, but what's next? Please help. I've been reading and looking for tutorials everywhere and seem to not be getting it. Any help would be great.

Thank you!!

Re: Login, PHP, and Database Help

Sorry but i can't understand what you are trying to do.

What is the purpose of this database ?

Unlesss your pages are dynamic (meaning that they retrieve the content from the database) there is no reason why your pages should be connected in any way with a database.

Are you using BlueVoda website builder to build your site ?

Please clarify.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

what is php?

Comment

PHP is a server side scripting (programming) language.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Php
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X