• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kamino
    Private

• Oct 2009

Installing PHP/MYSQL/PHPMYADMIN on a Dedicated 2003 Box

hello all you joomla experts!

I am a newbie here. I am planning to deploy a Joomla based website in about 2-3 months for the church I attend. They also demand live & archive streaming media.

Since I have no experience with a Linux box, I had no choice other than to choose Windows; so I am planning to sign up for a Dedicated Windows Server from 1and1.com (church's expense.)

These Dedicated Windows Boxes comes with Windows Server 2008/2003 (my preference is 2003 Standard Ed.) with Plesk 9.0 installed. But MYSQL, PHP, PHPMYADMIN are not installed. So I contacted the Dedicated Server Support and they told me that I can install PHP and MYSQL, but they will not provide any support for the configuration of the server.

If I want to install these three on the server that I am planning to lease,
    1) How should I go about installing PHP,MYSQL,PHPMYADMIN? Is there a specific order that I have to install for it work nicely and stay robust?
    2) Since this is a production/live server, security matters big time; so what steps should I take as far as security is concerned?
    3) What is the best extension that I can use for streaming archived/live media? (SD/HD 720p)
    4) Can you guys suggest me some good Church based Joomla 1.5 templates that I can modify for this purpose? ( I don't mind paying)

If you guys can help me out, that will be great!

Thanks a lot!
    [url=http://www.espaceecologie.com/energie renouvelable debouche[/url]
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Installing PHP/MYSQL/PHPMYADMIN on a Dedicated 2003 Box

you should runa dedicated server with php mysql and cpanel installed FOR you several comanies do this..and while they dont do indepth support after the fact will get it up for you fora fee Vodahost is one of them

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X