• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aburashid
    Corporal

• Nov 2009

How to build a database

Dear All,

I need to build to build a databases whihc will iclude infromation about doctors, also i want to have serach option to fond some infromation from inside the database, how this need to be done, if it's via MYSQL then need full guide.

Thanks
    Fayez
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: How to build a database

Yes, you do need MySQL. But, how can we teach you how to program ?

This is not the purpose of this forum. There are thousands of free tutorials on the web. But, if you need this done in certain time limits, you should consider outsourcing this job.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• aburashid
      Corporal

• Nov 2009

Hi,

I know now how to build the database, but i have a few questions:

1- Name: datatype will be varchar?
      2- Phone Naumber: datatype will be INT?

3- from my website the vistor will serch for a the name or phone number, and the output should come from the database with all filed in the concern record, how can i do that?

how to have the serch option on the site and what command i should be using.

how to import the data to my database? (i have the data on excel)

your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

When you are asking "How do I ...." you actually are asking how this can be done with programming. This is NOT something we can teach you here as I mentioned.

And, allow me, if you don't know what each data type is, how can you create the necessary database / queries / ?

Name: certainly VARCHAR

Tel.: probably VARCHAR too, as users tend to add () or / or - between numbers.
        Unless you want to use Javascript and create separate fields for telephone prefix / main number in which case you can have those as INT and format the number with () or - or / yourself.

But, as I said, you need programming knowledge.

To import files: they need to be in SQL format, I doubt excel can do that. Alternatively, you can find one of the available classes on the net that allow import from CSV so you export from Excel in CSV then import in DB.

But, without programming knowledge, how are you going to build the most important part ? That is, search and display results in nicely formated pages ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• aburashid
          Corporal

• Nov 2009

No hope? i feel i can do it with some efforst, just small guide lines, but if adding the search option is very comlicated then forget about it, do you recomend any free lancer?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yes, it is rather complicated creating the necessary PHP code to query the DB, receive results and format them properly to display in a BV page.

Freelancers:

VodaHost Approved Freelancers
            Navaldesign

Comment

• mrmagoo144
              Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

you are talking to the king of database - just contact navel direct - you will not be disappointed. easiest, most fair person i have met here.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
              X