• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FernandoMM
    Private

• Dec 2009

upload files button help, please urgent

Well, my problem is this, i need to do a webpage where people can upload their files to it, but i dont know how to configure that. I know about the html and php codes,with html i bult another upload file button but i dont know how to insert the php codes needed to store files in the webpage , help in any of the two ways (via BV file upload button or html and php codes) would be really appreciated.
    Maybe i expressed myself wrong or in a not understandable way, so basicly i am asking: how can i let people (via bluevoda options) upload files to my webpage so that the files stay there for other people to view them??

Help please , it really urgent ...
    :)
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: upload files button help, please urgent

BV doesn't offer such a feature.

You actaully need a script that can "read" the files contained in a specific folder (where the files are uploaded) and then display them on the screen, with links to open / download the files they want.

For the first part instead, related to the upload itself, you can use a BV11.4 form to allow your users to upload the files.

However, for security purposes, you should not allow users to upload executable files (js, php, exe, etc). The built in file type validation that BV offers can't really help you with this, as if a malicious user (hacker) has Javascript disabled in his browser, he will be able to upload ANY type of file, and then he will be able to hack the entire server.

In other words, you need a custom made, reliable script, OR a File Manager script (which however will be hard to embed in BV, from the visual point of view)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X