Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating a forum

Hello everyone,

I have a customer that needs two types of websites. one which i can do with no problem, the other is tricky. He would like to have a website that is about bow hunters and they have a talk forum and can create a small profile. Like face book of myspace. something like that.

does BV has the ability to create something like that?
    If not then what about a talk forum that would be ok too.

any help would be great thank you.

oh i also down loaded the fransico deluxe in my control panel. It asked me how many fields i need, Im not sure what that means.

Re: creating a forum

You mean "Fantastico Deluxe" ?

If yes, WHEN exactly does it ask for "How many fields" you need ?

Fantastico is a collection of self installable applications, it should not ask you about number of fields. And, you don't download it, you simply use it (Fantastico Deluxe) to install and update these applications.

You can install a forum through Fantastico, but not a "myspace" like script. For this, you will need to search the net for "myspace clone" scripts.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

yes the Fantastico Deluxe LOL, well when i click on it, i go down to the php form generator and thats where it asks me that.

Where could i find a myspace like program to use?

and the forums to create is so complicated i don't even know where to start. That was the forum generator i was talking about.

any help would be great

thank you

Comment

ok so i am confused on what i need to do. is blue voda able to create a forum with its tools. or do i need to find software some where?

also what about the myspce like website, where can i find something like that or can i create that in BV?

thank you

Comment

Please clarify: you need a FORUM or a FORM?

PHP Form Generator is a tool to create forms, this is why it is asking you how many fields you want. If, however, it is a form that you want, you can build it with BV's built in tools.

If instead, you want a FORUM (similar to this one) you can install, through Fantastico, phpBB3.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Lol sorry yes forum. I will check that out. Thank you so much for you help.

Comment

Hello to everyone. I am a reporter in the local area, and frequent this site to find out what is going on in SoWal. This is a great tool to use, it helps me to keep up with what concerns the residents here. If you have anything specific you would like me to know, feel free to send me a message.

BV website links in signature only please.

Comment

Working...
              X