• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toprakbey
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2006

stock list

I have 3 domains in BV non of one active yet. One of them is www.satkotrading.com ,I want to make a weppage for this domain.
    we are stockholder of stainless steel, I want to design this web site that our customer could visit and see our materials in our stock,they could able to select some of them if they wish with checkn-box, if they selecet this selection could be emailed me automatically,they could download full list,I will give username and password to my customer. There will be 3000-4000 items on my list , we usualy use excel format. There is no pictures etc.

İtem will be shown as following, there will be checkbox for each items

0.800 1250.00 2500""39754

I look around on BV forums but could not find any way to design what I want

any one could help me pls

thank in advance
    Last edited by toprakbey; 01-06-2010, 10:09 AM. Reason: adding some words
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: stock list

If you need this functionality, it will need an experienced script writer to give you a back end to enable you to enter the info that will be shown on a page. Then possibly of 2 or 3 different ways to show the info with the ability to send this info to you via email.
    Its not something that can be explained on a forum & would need someone like Navaldesign to write this for you.
    The other alternative is to search for a ready made script.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• toprakbey
      Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2006

thank you Chris, lets forget password protection,I will ask help from navaldesign when I finalize my page. How I could put my stock list on my webpage, I am downloading the oriğinal list from our factory as CSV format and converting to Excel formant at my computer, I can load it to my webpage at both format. I want to put checkbox for each items for my customer that they could select related materials. Or They could be able to download all list from mywebpage if they would.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

You can put your stock list on a page in XL, but wont have the facility for you to receive info back via an email.
        This again will involve having a check box that relates to a particular product & will involve creating a database.
        The advantage of having your stock in a CSV format is a written script will be able to load all 3000 items into the database in a few minutes. This could save days of manually hand typing it in.
        It would all be subject to the CSV file configuration.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Normally items should be loaded in a database, but a CSV file can be used as well.
          At that point you need a script that will read either the Database table or the CSV file and will display the content, adding the necessary code to create the form and checkboxes. If the items are 3000 as you say, this will result in a VERY high page, so it would be more reasonable that you divide in item categories and allow searches and display the results in a paginated format.

The password protection is quite easy with the new BV 11.4 if the fields that it allows are enough for you.

In all cases the database solution would seem more suitable for you.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• toprakbey
            Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2006

Before publishing the mywebpage, Could I make a databese and see if I could do it, and for the checkbox could I do it by BV or some should write its code

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by toprakbey View Post
              Before publishing the mywebpage, Could I make a databese and see if I could do it, and for the checkbox could I do it by BV or some should write its code
              Yes, you can try, but do you have the necessary programing knowledge ?

Creating the Database is quite easy (requires no particular knowledge) but you don't simply need a Database, you need a script that will be able to read and write in the DB and display the data in your page(s).
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• toprakbey
                Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2006

No I do not know anything about programming ? What should I do, what is yr suggestion pls

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Yours is a very specific application, so I doubt you can find something ready.
                  Under this point of view I believe that you should consider outsourcing this job to a pro.
                  Since not many pros have the (also necessary) BlueVoda experience to build this INSIDE BlueVoda, you should consider asking in the VodaHost Freelancers forum, and getting in contact with one of the BlueVoda spe******ts to get this done.

Please look at : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/fre...-projects.html
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• pipesportugal
                    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2007

Hi there,

I agree with navaldesign.

If You don't have php programming and experience in handling mysql databases it would be better to outsource this particular php routine that You need.

Please, I am not saying that You canīt learn to do it by Yourself, I am very much sure that it will take You a long time to learn how to do it, without previous experience.

I have more than 20years of programming experience and when I started with php 2 years ago, it took me more than 3 months of studying and testing and retesting and retesting........ in order to build my first sucessfull web application using html/php/mysql.

If You have time and want to learn, I can assure You that after You post Your doubts here at the forum they will be replied by a great number of people willing to help You.

You just can't get here and ask: "How can I make the program that performs this way?". This is a very generic question. Impossible or very difficult for us to answer You back, because we don't even know where to start our helping.

Along Your programming work, if You ask here at the forum very specific questions about php and mysql I am sure many people will help You.

Sorry if maybe my post is not what You expected.

Regards,
                    pipesportugal

Comment

Working...
                    X