need help with osCommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with osCommerce

hi i just install Oscommerce and im trying to install a new template and im haveing soooooo much prob with it i get the free os templates from BV and im trying to figer how to set it up and im doing everything i can thing off and im missing a file name catalog when i install it like 10 times and its the same thing im keep missing that file and its not leting me uploading a new template can anyone please help me with this and tell me whats going on and how can i fix it
    thanks
    Danny B.
    Danny B.

Re: need help with osCommerce

Hi Danny

You could visit the oscommerce forum and see if any other members had the same difficulty or perhaps suggestions for you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi i did and they tell me its the software but the software im geting it from BV so i dont know what to do :( and i cant upload a new template
      Danny B.

Comment

Well it has to be an OSCOMMERCE template. It cant be a bv template. Its not designed to plugin to OSC. Thats MOST likely the issue.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

do u know where i can get a free template and try it with it and see whats going to happen ? and even on the osc they say to install a template u need to go ta file name catalog but when im installing it its seem like that file never install everything else is ok but not that file
          Danny B.

Comment

you have to manually UPLOAD each section and its your job to do that, as I recall there are several folders and two or three different areas that you have to upload the files to. You do this via ftp.

I dont know if voda still does it or not, but, they used to give you ONE premium osc template when you made a new installation with a support ticket. Youd have to put in a ticket and ask.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

i did and they told me to post here so im doing and i even post on Osc site and they told me its to do with the softwere thats is missing or its not installing it right so i reallly dont know what to do i dont need them to install it for me just to tell me how to and ill do and why im missing that file ( catalog ) when im installing the software from bluevoda and i even try to install it from scarch and it didnt let me install it do u know anything about cubecart is it easyer to use ?
              Danny B.

Comment

Danny,

I cant tell without having access to your site rather what is missing or not missing, but you can download and install it yourself from OSCommerce. I doubt seriously the catalogue is missing, its probably just in the admin folder which you have to click to get in it and then find the catalogue.

I havent played with cube cart in two years.. so .. nope dont know much about it. Several on the forum do tho. But you cant download bv templates and make it work on cube cart either.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by night60000 View Post
                  do u know where i can get a free template and try it with it and see whats going to happen ?
                  If you Find a Template Style Here that you like, once you click on it to "see details" you are given the option to download a sample template (toward the bottom of the page) to play with for free....
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                  X