Sitemap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap question

I wish to add a Site map page to my website. I am presently creating my website and it is not yet published.
    Do I have to publish to create a Site map ? If so, how will I link the Site map to the "Site map" button on my website ?

Re: Sitemap question

Free Online Google Sitemap Generator. XML-sitemaps.com provides free online sitemap generator service, creating an XML sitemap that can be submitted to Google, Bing and other search engines to help them crawl your website better. It will also generate an HTML site map to allow your website visitors to navigate easier.

The above is a link that you can follow to generate a sitemap for search engines and place on your website.

You will follow the instructions and download the .xml file to your computer and then you will upload this file to your public_html directory via your ftp manager within your blue voda website builder (found under tools). Once you have the file placed in this directory, you will create a text link called sitemap and place it on your page .. you will link to this sitemap like http://www.nameofyourdomain.com/sitemap.xml

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the precious information about sitemap generators.

I did what you explain in the thread, at least I think I did, but when I click on the sitemap link (in the Index page) I get the html code of the sitemap.

What did I do wrong ?

Comment

Actually.. you dont put a LINK to it like that. You did it right, and the xml code wont look right to you but to link it properly, unless you saved in html for an html page for the viewers/visitors it wont help either. If you save it as xml put the link in your the head section of your index page as follows

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="sitemap" href="sitemap.xml" />

If you saved it as html you can just paste it in a voda page in an html box and name the page sitemap. You could also paste it into notepad and save it as sitemap.html.

xml maps are best linked as above in between the head tags.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

encoding

Hello, I am from Bulgaria and first language of my website is bulgarian. When I try to see it preview in browser it is inreadable. I have to go in view-bar, encoding, cyrillic(windows) to make it readable, but it is very difficult way. Please, help me

Comment

Set your browser to your language settings and then it wont be un readable.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X