Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script can only handle certain amount of members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script can only handle certain amount of members?

Hello everyone,

I've got lots of questions on the subject of scripts, but i would like to know is how does a script affect the for example proccessing of members items. Is it true that scripts can only handle a certain number of people?

As you can tell im a novice to programming " scripting language" so your knowledge on this would be much welcomed.

-mike

Re: Script can only handle certain amount of members?

Some scripts have a user limit, but this is imposed by the programmer now by the functionality of the scripting language. Technically speaking the server will have a point where it can't handle any more users accessing it, but thats not related to the script itself

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

thank you so much,

Its a issue thats been bugging me for some time. My question was in relation to a website were I'm a member. They have been delaying delivery of members goods because the script and mySQL werent working properly due to high member requests and problems with a 3rd party payment systems.

How long would it usually take to test a script before its fully operational, its been 2 months and they still havent "upgraded".

P.s Apologies to mods for this post being not directly related to a Vodahost website.

-mike

Edit: I just realised the link in your signature, great info.

Comment

Its hard to say how long it should take to test a script without knowing how large of a script it is. Scripts are large as the forum script used here for instance is in testing periods of months to a greater part of a year.

If they have a huge amount of users there may have been a large amount of insufficient code in the script, or it could be their server needs more power. Regardless speculating isn't going to do much, they will have it up and running when they do... I would think they are losing money which is always a motivation to get it done quicker.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

interesting... well like you said "they will have it up and running when they do". I cant only hope soon.

Thanks again for the help, it was much needed : )

Comment

Working...
          X