Creating "scripting.filesystemobject" Pleae Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrevc
    Private First Class

• Nov 2008

Creating "scripting.filesystemobject" Pleae Help!!!

It seems that the server does not allow me to create a "filesystemobject" which I desperately needto do in my script. No error messega is shown, it simply does not execute the code. My script works on my PC, but when published, the "filesystemobject" is not created. I have set permissions but that also dos not help.

Please, I cannot tell you how desperate I am, with my site developement at a complete halt for some time now, because of this.

Please, Please is there anybody out there that can help me??? I will be extremely gratefull. (My domain name is webworths.com)
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Creating "scripting.filesystemobject" Pleae Help!!!

How can we help in anyway ???? No details, no code, nothing we can see in order to advise you.

This is a rather unusual problem, so i suggest that you contact support, and also set the error reporting to such a value that will allow reporting.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Andrevc
      Private First Class

• Nov 2008

Re: Creating "scripting.filesystemobject" Pleae Help!!!

My sincere apology, I am new to the Forum world.
      Anyhow, thank you for answering even though I did not supply the adequate information. I did contact support who suggested that I should post my question on the Forum.

Here is my code. You will notice that I have an "msgbox" statement before and after the "createobject" statement.
      The one before shows up, but the one after does not. This is what makes me think that the "createobject" statement does not execute.

The textfile is in the same directory as the page containing the script, namely "login"

<script language="VBSCRIPT">
      cons ForReading=1
      sub Button1_onClick
      Dim Rcrd
      Dim St
      Dim Stlist
      Dim i
      Dim cond
      msgbox("before createobject")
      set Fso=createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
      msgbox("after createobject")
      set Rcrd=Fso.OpenTextFile("./logindata.txt")
      cond=0
      Do while Rcrd.AtEndOfStream=False
      St=Rcrd.Readline()
      Stlist=Split(St,",")
      If Trim(Editbox1.value)=Trim(Stlist(0)) and Trim(Editbox2.value)=trim(Stlist(2)) then
      cond=1
      End if
      Loop
      if cond = 1 then
      msgbox("OK") 'will add this code later, first get createobject to work
      else
      msgbox("Username or Password does not match !")
      end if
      end sub
      </SCRIPT>

The construction of records in the text file are:
      username
      email address
      password

Once again, thank you for answering.

Comment

• Andrevc
        Private First Class

• Nov 2008

Re: Creating &quot;scripting.filesystemobject&quot; Pleae Help!!!

Sorry, I shoul have mentioned the folowing as well.
        When you go to my site (webworths.com), right below the label that says "Quotations required by our customers" there is a link that says "click here to view details" If you click on that link, the page in question will be loaded. - I have a username namely "a" and a password namely "1", for the sake of testing it, save in the text file.- Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X