• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diajejo
    Sergeant

• Feb 2009

Script Install problems

Im having problems installing 2 scripts. I get them ftp'd to the databases I have created. Ive done the permissions. I am trying to install in my addon domains. I cant get to the testing phase. Maybe I have the path wrong to install manually? I have it http://www.addondomain.com/filename/install. Should the path be http://www.maindomain.com/addondomai...ename/install? Is there anywhere I can find this info? If not does anyone here do script installs? If so, how much?
    Thanks, Diana
  • Alien Dude
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Re: Script Install problems

the path to the install folder or file should be yourste/the script folder/install/
    or yoursite/the script folder/install.php depending on the structure of the script.

if you our having problems and need any help installing the scripts contact us. or go to this thread
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Diajejo
      Sergeant

• Feb 2009

So the path can be right to the addon domain? I don't need to route it thru the main domain? I have all the files in the database and ftp'd to my file in the domain i want it in. I changed the permissions. My only problem is the install part. When i get to that Im getting an internal error. 404. Guess i'll delete it all and start over. Thanks

Comment

• Alien Dude
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

you say you have your files in the database, ~"what files"~ when you set up a database in cpanel mysql they should be empty unless you import the sql database data from the program or script. this is usually in a .txt document.
        if your script comes with a install program then the database should be left empty the install program will populate the database and write to the config.php the configuration for the database ie: database_name / password / database_username this will let the script communicate with the database.
        all this should be written down with complete install instruction within the script. these files usually give you full instructions on how to install the program.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Diajejo
          Sergeant

• Feb 2009

No it doesn't have an install program, So I did it manually. I deleted the database and went into cpanel and deleted the files that I uploaded before so I could start clean again. then i recreated the db again(empty) and uploaded the files via ftp to the db and configured the permissions. When I tried install I am still getting an error 500. when i looked at the error logs i have a whole list of 'file does not exist. They are httpd/unix-directory files. and html files. I followed the directions to the letter. I should be able to do this as it is fairly easy. But somewhere I'm doing some thing wrong and I can't figure out where Im going wrong.
          Thanks so much for your help:)
          Diana

Comment

• Diajejo
            Sergeant

• Feb 2009

I just checked the install instructions and here is what it said...
            'here are just three requirements in order for this program to work.
            Your web space must be running at least PHP4.1 & MySQL and also have the latest ionCube loaders installed. That's it.' I know the fist 2 things are fine but I dont know about the ionCube loaders. ??

Comment

• Alien Dude
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Perhaps a link to the script you are trying to install would help here, so we can see were your going wrong.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Diajejo
                Sergeant

• Feb 2009

the script is called Membership Site Manager and I got it from a package deal that i bought. Im not quite sure what link you want so here is the install directions to it. If you need something else just let me know, and thanks a bunch!

Comment

• Alien Dude
                  Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

Ok open ftp manager the blue voda one will do. on the right "server side" in the directory http://www.ebooks-et-logiciels.com make a new folder named what ever you want members_only is a good one. open this folder. now on the left side of ftp manager "pc side" find the script you want to install. open the folder that has the root files in. upload ALL the files and folders into your new folder on the sever side. once you have done that then set the permissions as set out in the read me file. to do so in ftp right click file or folder click properties set the permissions click ok, do that for all the files / folders set out in the read me file.
                  Next open your browser go to the install file so yours would look something like this.
                  http://www.ebooks-et-logiciels.com/thefolderyoumade/install/install.php

this will bring up the install page fill out the box's as required. this includes the database details you made in cpanel.
                  once installed delete the install folder folder the server.
                  job done.
                  Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                  X