• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D79SN
    Private

• Feb 2010

Setting up Wordpress Through C-Panel

Hello,

I'm having difficulty setting up wordpress for a new domain that I just added to my voda hosting account. Basically, my problem is this:

After just recently purchasing a new domain name www.micro-niche-finder-review.net, I went into c-panel and added it as an add on domain. (I currently have other domains on my voda account). After doing this, I went to the fantastico icon to install wordpress. I followed the directions and was hoping to have wordpress be my main website page (i.e., not a subdomain).

After following the wordpress installation directions, I went to www.micro-niche-finder-review.net/wp-login but was not directed to a wordpress login. Instead, I ended up being directed to a page saying 'This page is being parked courtesy of xyz dot com' (actually it's just a random parked page with adsense ads on it...but I can't seem to type the name into this thread without it being deleted)

For some reason, I'm just not being directed to Wordpress and I can't figure out why. If I go to my new domain www.micro-niche-finder-review.net, it takes me to the same 'This page is being parked courtesy of xyz dot com' page.

This is a new domain that I just purchased this morning, and I haven't done any work to it yet. My goal is to just use wordpress on this domain, however I just can't seem to get to the wordpress login.

Any insight into why I'm being directed to this 'This page is being parked courtesy of xyz dot com' page instead of the Wordpress login page would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Dan
    Last edited by D79SN; 02-01-2010, 07:02 PM. Reason: some of my text was being starred out
Working...
X