• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanio01
    Sergeant

• Aug 2009

problem with downloadable files...

Hi guys! Ok...I followed the instruction found on the forums and opened the subdomain where I uploaded the music file...so I made the link as they reccommend, http://freeworld.ringtones/mysite.com thats ok when I review the file is there and can download but there is 1 problem that on this subdomain page you can see all other files which is not good cause I would like the customer to see only the one wanted to download and to be redirected where can choose again from the list etc.
    if this is like this I ll have to open for each song a different subdomain then? Any clear help very much appreciated! Thanks
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: problem with downloadable files...

I believe that you got a bit confused. I don't even know what instructions you are reffering to.

1. Create a folder (NOT a subdomain)
    2. Upload your files there
    3. Link them properly from within your pages.

To make sure that the folder is not browsable, create , on your computer, an "index" page with a message like "Sorry, no direct access to this area is allowed" and publish it inside the same folder on the site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X