• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sgatewood
    Corporal

• Jan 2009

Installing Word Press

I want to add a "blog" to www.clarascalling.com , and am trying to install Word Press.

I have followed the directions "How to install Word Press via Fantastico in your control panel", but when I get to the second step I get this error...

Install WordPress (2/3)

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'yffwvmnm'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1308671100.4802_WtfyX9YaH on line 1642
    Access denied for user 'yffwvmnm'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

When I go to the link "function.mysql-connect"...I get this...
    Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x3/fantastico/function.mysql-connect) you requested. Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your web hosting provider. cpaneld/11.30.0.32 Server at www.susangatewood.net

Can anyone please direct me as to what I am doing wrong? Any help will be graciously accepted.
    Many thanks,
    Susan Gatewood
    Smithfield, VA
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Installing Word Press

You are describing a Manual Installation, not one using Fantastico (there is no time where you need to use a Password during a Fantastico installation, let alone use "Yes" nor is there any instance where you specify FTP protocol and use "Host: localhost").
    Follow the instructions provided > How to install WordPress via Fantastico in your control panel

If you continue to have difficulties, you may wish to Contact Support and have them make sure your account is fully enabled.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• sgatewood
      Corporal

• Jan 2009

Here are the instructions I am following:

How to install WordPress via Fantastico in your control panel
      1) Login to your VodaHost control panel "cPanel"
      2) Click on on the fantastico icon (Blue Smiley Face)
      3) Select WordPress from the list.
      4) Click New Installation.
      5) Select the domain name you want WordPress installed on (If you have more than one domain names on your account)
      6) Select the directory you want WordPress installed on.
      7) Enter a username and password
      Fill out the rest of the information.
      9) Click Install WordPress.

I put in my username and password, because #7 said to do it. I do not know where the "yes" came from, I will contact Support, thanks for answering me. I do appreciate it.
      Sincerely,
      Susan Gatewood
      Smithfield, VA

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

The instructions are rather alluding to the actual Step: you are required to enter/modify the default name of the "Administrator" and to create a Password for that User (you), as well as enter a valid email address that will default as the means for the WP Installation to notify the Admin.

Change the default "Administrator" to whatever Name you wish to use (and have visible on the Blog), and create a "Password" you will use to logon to the WP Blog.
        Then, create the email address so the installation can contact you and for you to use as Logon reference.

At the bottom fo the Installation Page, click on FINISH once you have entered the essential information. You will then see a Confirmation Page display (which you should print out and keep) as well as the option to email yourself a copy of the installation (with all the important information), and then the "Front" page of your Wordpress Installations in Fantastico .... where you can link to your new blog, to your Admin Dashboard, and to Add another installatiojn/delete previous installations.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• sgatewood
          Corporal

• Jan 2009

Thank you. I made the changes you said, and I am still getting the same error messages. I took screen shots, and tried to find where to put them for you to see, but I couldn't find where to send them, they have my user name and passwords, and I didn't want to post for the world to see. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, because it can't be this hard, as other people have successfully installed it. Thanks anyway.
          Sincerely,
          Susan Gatewood

Comment

• sgatewood
            Corporal

• Jan 2009

The answer was, that the Support people did something, I do not know what, and after they did whatever they did, I was able to successfully install Word Press. Thank you for your help, it was sincerely appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X