Accessing Publishing Pages from Another Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Publishing Pages from Another Computer

Can you update and republish some pages of your website from another computer?

I am wondering if it is possible, and how you go about doing it if it is possible.

Scenario ... I would like to go away for a few days and my website would need a page or two updating while I am gone.

Questions:

Am I able to give my pass codes etc. say to another voda host member, that has the blue voda program already in their computer, and would they be able to access my account from their computer to update my pages?

If so, could I premake the page, email them the page, then have them fill in the last bit of crucial information when it becomes available, and have them publish this new page to my site?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Accessing Publishing Pages from Another Computer

Should be no problem with doing this. You would just have to make sure you have the right IP to upload to with your name/password & take a copy of your BV folder with you. If you don’t like the idea of the other computer having your password. Change your password before you go on your machine to a new password in c panel & when you get back change it back to your old one.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Oh thanks Chris ... this sounds great, so they would just need changing the ip for the server and then have the passcodes, etc., good idea about changing and then changing back, never know when this would be a good idea for the future ... thanks Chris and I'll be sure to let you know if this works!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Make sure you save all pages, images, and everything or else you wil lrun into problems...as long as you have everyhting...no problem....
        Beezz
        sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X