Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving and testing pages

Hi all,
    I have started (newbee) building three simple pages. Home page(house description), photos page (of house), contact page (with form for replies). Not yet published so have saved pages as "html" AND "bvp", trying to test the page links. Index page has tow buttons (photos and contact), photos page has two (home and contacts), contacts page has two (photos and home). From index...click on photos button and photos page appears. But click on contact button and just get IE message saying page not available. Both pages described exactly same (except for file name) in properties box. What's wrong?? Going bananas!
    And, Am I correct in assuming that the "bvp" extension is just for testing locally while the "html" extension is for when content is published??

Re: Saving and testing pages

My Fault folks!!!! Simple classic spelling mistake in file name.
    Sooooory.

Comment

Re: Saving and testing pages

The home page is always saved as index.com, not homepage. The rest of your pages you want to give them short names when saving them in Blue Voda. When you are ready to publish, you will write
      www.domainname.com/index.html
      www.domainname.com/photos.html
      www.domainname.com/contact.html

If you ever decide to change the name of your file in Blue Voda because it is too long, delete the old file. This way you will keep only the files you are using in your website. I hope this helps.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
      X