password protect problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password protect problems

i have made a new folder in public_html and named it fatrpp. i set a password for the directory and created a user id and password. i then published a page for my site to public_html/fatrpp.

in bv i saved my page as famtreemain

i created a link to www.thegreateight.net/famtreemain.html
    and the page can't be found.

the link to this page is on my home page at www.thegreateight.net
    directly under the picture.

i can't figure out what i am doing wrong.

please help

thank you.
    www.thegreateight.net

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

ok
    i forgot to add the folder name in the url

but now the problem is when i get the password set in the control panel it shows it in the pop box that is asking for the user id and password

this don't make any sense
    i have watched the tutorial 4 times and checked my links and folders 4 times.

but now the pop up that asks for a password don't even show up anymore.
    www.thegreateight.net

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Re: password protect problems

Actualy what I saw is, when I go to your home page, then I click on the family tree link, the pop window asking me for a user id and password appears, so far, everything is fine, what you should do to make sure that the password is working:

go back to your cPanel, remove that user and password you have already, and then create a new one.

logout from your cPanel, and then open your page in your browser, and click on family tree link, and then try to put your user ID and Password.

it shouldn't be wrong, I have so many directories and sub directories protected and I never had a problem with them except one time when I didn't remember the exact password and I was putting the wrong one.
      The Producer

Comment

Re: password protect problems

Keep in mind that once you enter the password and user id to enter, it will not ask again unless you exit the browser and then bring it up again.

What I mean is this- if you enter a protected area and enter your user id and password and then say surf to google or abunch of other sites and then come back to the protected area- don't expect it to ask for your user name and password. The reason is that it is cached in your computer already. It will only re-ask for your user name and password if you have exited the browser completely and then bring it back up again.

Just FYI
        Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
        X