• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sisterearth
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Page re-sizing

Pages are too big....I don't want to rebuild them.
    This from sisterearth of sisterearthstore.com
    So, I built a bunch of pages on my pc w/ BlVda & they looked good to me cuz I have a large screen. When I saw the tutorial on this I guess I just didn't get what they were trying to say because I'm so new at this.
    When I viewed the page on a friends computer only the uper left portion of the page was in view. Some how the defalt page properties size ended up way to big for most screens & we know how folks hate to side scroll. I do not want to rebuild all these pages. I've tried ajusting the page properties sizes now( after the pages are all done) but it is not resizing the whole page as far as I can tell. Please tell me there is a way to just make the whole page fit a smaller size with out starting all over. Thanks SE
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Page re-sizing

Hi Sisterearth

Unfortunately there is not a quick fix for this, you do have to redo all your pages (hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but if it makes you feel any better many of us started this way too, lol)

I would suggest your page width be '800, the length doesn't really matter although too long of a page is not favoured either. '800 width should take care of everyone's resolution and monitor size and the sideways scrolling will disappear. Some are building their pages at '1000 but about 20% viewers still require the '800 width. Center your pages by ticking center in browser on every page and your background will cover the sides of your pages for anyone viewing in a larger screen resolution. Remember to lock your page width and everything really, when done before republishing as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• sisterearth
      Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Re: Page re-sizing advice

Thanks for the advice. I'll try making the pages more narrow & leave the length, this way I only have to move a few things on each page.
      Wish me luck! SE

Comment

Working...
      X