X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Website Builders

HELLO
    I AM A NEW CUSTOMER AND I AM GETTING VERY CONFUSED!!
    I AM VERY MUCH A NEWBIE TO THE WORLD OF WEBSITES AND HOSTING.
    I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!!!

I HAVE BUILT A SIMPLE SITE WITH BLUEVODA AND LOVE IT, BUT I WANT TO SELL FROM THIS SITE ASWELL, IS THIS POSSIBLE?.

I ALSO HAVE THE SITE BUILDER FOR SOHOLAUNCH IN WHICH I HAVE FAR LESS EXPERIENCE.

IF I WANT TO SELL PRODUCTS FROM MY SITE WHICH SHOULD I BE USING TO BUILD MY SITE.

THE FURTHER I LOOK IN THE FORUMS AND TUTORIALS THE MORE CONFUSED I GET..... LACK OF EXPERIENCE I GUESS.

I WOULD LOVE SOME ADVICE ON WHICH WEBSITE BUILDER TO USE, I WANT TO USE BLUEVODA BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT WILL ALLOW ME TO SELL.

any ADVICE will help and be appreciated.

MANY THANKS
    MARIE
    pure-obsession.com.au

Re: New Customer, Getting Quite Confused Between Website Builders

Hi,
    It’s a little bit of which horse for which course Question. I would personally prefer a website builder & a separate shopping cart, but this is only a personal view. If you’re using BV for your web pages, you can always put your cart in a sub directory with links from your pages.
    Best to think of how many items you maybe selling. If its only a few, then BV will be fine on its own with a few pay pal buttons.
    But if you are thinking of hundreds of items, a cart of some sort would have far better long term benefits & control.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I use BV for all my stores - and I use a shopping cart that gets added to these pages. I prefer this myself - as I have complete control over it all - design of all pages. So I completely disagree with Chris - as I have over 1000 products now and growing. I have done it the other way and do not find that easier. You'll have lots of people with lots of different responses to this.

You need to look at various shopping carts and determine which one will give you what you want. That will help you decide the direction you want to take. For your information, I use Cart Manager. You can also use Paypal only with a BV site - or Mal's Ecommerce - and I'm sure others.

If you change to use an ecommerce template - then make sure it has all the options YOU need to do what is necessary - and you can look at Soho, OScommerce, Zen Cart - and many many more.

Sorry - but it's not necessarily an easy choice - and we won't all agree because there are going to be so many variables. It took me doing 4 stores before I found the solution that works best for me :) and now I LOVE it - and probably will continue with this combination - even if I end up with thousands of products.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Dear Beth and Chris
        I thank you both for your answers and quick too!!
        I value your input as seasoned users highly.
        At least I know my question was not as silly as I thought!!.

I can see how depending on what you need from your site can effect which one you should use, so I may receive many differeing opinions, all are valueable though.

I have found building in BV website builder easier to get things where I want them, I wasn't sure about the cart, now I know I can have one successfully.
        I will have to do more rersearch on how to add it to my site.

I am very grateful for your fast replies and for this forum.
        thank you both sincerely
        Marie Fox
        pure-obsession.com.au
        P.S. I love both your sites and can only ****** to have something similar when I am done.

Comment

You're welcome! And good luck with your own site - look forward to seeing what you make of it.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

on Beths advice I am using BV and paypal for my jewelry site - very easy to use
            ann
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thank you all so much!
              I hope you do not mind if I get back to you if I need more help.
              Most likely to be on the technical side of things.
              (publishing the pages etc.)

I have made alot of pages in BV, not sure how to approach it from here.
              I'll touch base with you all soon after I have had a bit more of a play with it.

WISHING YOU ALL A LOVELY WEEK
              KINDEST REGARDS
              MARIE
              pure-obsession.com.au

Comment

Working...
              X