• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • planet777
    First Lieutenant

• Dec 2006

Various setup questions

Hi there,

this is my 1st post, hope i get it right, lol.

My domain name is flabfallsoff.com - a diet and weight loss website.

I'm trying to get set up be4 Xmas and New Year is over, but encountered a few problems which I'd appreciate some feedback on ;)

The issues are:

1) I didnt create new text in the BV page; I cut and pasted the copy I had already written in Word into the BV new page. But when I try and center the 1st few lines, it centres the WHOLE thing – not just what I’ve highlighted

2) I've put a pic in but can't wrap copy around it. Also, there's a gap between the bottom of the pic and the copy which I cant bridge, presumably this is due to the 'invisible' outer perimeters of the pic?

3) I want to create a table which people can write answers in (ie involve the audience etc) but don’t know how to do this. I created the table but it won't allow things to be written in it.

Tks! Any answers will be MUCH appreciated!

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Various setup hassles :)

1. BV can only center text in it's whole. If you need to have diffrent formatting, break the text in two (or three or ...) paragraphs and apply different formatting to each paragraph.
    2. You cannot wrap text around a pic. You can do it manually using spaces. About the bottom: not clear. In BV you can even overlay text to a pic, there is no effect of the pic border to the text placement.
    3. This involves a form and a script that will process the visitor's comments, either using a database or a flat file on your site, where all comments will be stored. Then you need a script that will be able to retreive this info and automatically display it in one of your pages. You can either build it yourself if you have enough PHP/MySQL knowledge, or find some script on the web and simply install it. Otherwise, install a forum from Fantastico on your CP.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• planet777
      First Lieutenant

• Dec 2006

Re: Various setup hassles :)

Thanks Naval!

Much appreciated...will get onto it pronto.

tks again

Will
      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Working...
      X