Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrollable HTML page

Hi Folks,

I am really progressing well with BlueVoda - wonderful program and has created a lot of fun for me - Keep up the good work.

I have reached a stage where I have a document that can be veiwed on a page - however it is rather lenghty and would like to have it as scrollable text, whereby if one places the cursor over the text being veiwed it stops.

This would require some form of script I guess that would then have to be incorported into that specific page.

You guys are the wizards - please help

Regards
    Rob
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Re: Scrollable HTML page

I believe you want to put that portion of the page into an iframe - just realize that will possible make it harder for the se's to read and might effect them reading that entire document and bringing you visitors to that page. This is commonly used for items like privacy policies that it's really not necessary for se's to read.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Whilst I do realise that it could require some lengthy reading - this document I refer to is a constitution which in hard copy already goes to several pages.

The ease as to it scrolling at speeds determined by a script are suitable to this application.

There is no gereat concern to the failure of repeated return to that page as it is not the main page - only a page on this site.

The IFrame option has been considered and I prefer to obtain a scrollable script that scrolls down the document.

Kind Regards
      Rob
      Kind Regards
      Rob
      www.gnjgf.co.za
      www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

You can find many of those online - here's one: http://www.advancescripts.com/detailed/508.html
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

HI Beth,

Thanks for the link I will be sure to give it a try

Regards
          ROb
          Kind Regards
          Rob
          www.gnjgf.co.za
          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hello,

I don’t have a question about scrollable HTML pages. I do have a question about inserting HTML links in my website. I did not know where to put my question.

I inserted with success an HTM file on one page of my website. I wanted to add another one, but it does give the index, but it does not link through to the exercises.

Some extra information:
            I have used a program called HotPotatoes to make excersises. You can than use a program called Masher, which is part of HotPotatoes. With it you can link up to three exercises together and make an index. You can save this as an HTM file.

The first time I did this and inserted only the index on my webpage. With preview I tried it out and the links worked.

Of course I tried this again for some other exercises. This time however, the index was inserted but the links did not work. I don’t know what the problem is. Could you help me?

Could it be that you can only insert so much? I tried to insert about 75Kb.

Els

Comment

Working...
            X