Menu bar Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu bar Query

I am configuring my menu bar and can link to my other pages no problem, question is more of a design issue. Is there a way around using the blue voda images when creating the nav bar. Not that the images aren't great but I want the bar to be transperent and only the text to stand out as I'm using a background under the nav bar. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Re: Menu bar Query

Then why should you use a menubar ? just use text links
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I had intended to use the nav bar as the spacing etc is preconfigured and easy to use...also I am not sure how to create a text link...when I hot properties for text I don't have an option to link it to another page.

Cheers,

Comment

Of course you have. Highlight the text and click on the Link icon.

For spacing: use the space tool, or create a table. It's your option-

You can create and use button image of your own, as shown in Custom Buttons for Nav Bar . You can also create and use a transparent gif for the menubar. This way the buttons will be transparent
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks Naval for the information, one more quick question, when I highlight the text and click on link I can assign the link but the text goes blue to show that there is a link attached...is there any way to avoid this....

Thanks again

Comment

A simple trick to acheive this, is to create in BV a rectangle of the desired dimensions. Place it in the upper left corner of the page. Double click to edit it, and make it transparent. Preview the page. You will see nothing, but it is there, on the upper left corner of your browser window. Right click and select "Save image as". Then save it in C/program files/BlueVoda website builder/navbar as "0transp" . Now you can use it in your menubars. Please note that being transparent, you will not be able to see it, but it will appear as an empty space among the others, in the very first places.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks again for the great help, that works perfectly

Comment

Glad you did it. Also you can edit the way text appears when linked: Format, hyperlink style, add style, and define how you want it.
                Navaldesign

Comment

amazing what you can learn reading these posts - i feel sooooooooo stupid - never realzied i could change the color of background, words and mouseover in the drop down menu - can't figure out how i missed it - well it is done now - thanks naval
                  Ann
                  www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                  www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                  www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Another quick query for all the gurus out there...I love the look of the nav bar now that I can use the transparent background...(thanks naval) but the functionality of the menu bar where I can create drop downs would be perfect for my site.. my question is can you get the look of the nav bars (transparent backround) with the functionality of the menu bar (drop down menu)

Comment

No by simply setting any properties dialog box. You would need to edit the css styles in the library files. But it requires some css coding skills (i don't have them)
                      Navaldesign

Comment

A stupid question...i want certain drop down menu items to be in a different color to show that they have sub menus. the style option works for the drop down list as a whole....can i customize individual items of the drop down list.....?

Comment

No, the drop downs are only customizable as a whole
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Is there any other alternative by which i could get that effect....? or should i go in for another option altogether?

Comment

There are third party programs that could (maybe) do this, but i'm not ware of anyone.
                              A simple solution wouls be to break your dropdown. I.e., if the third item in the dropdown has submenus, create a dropdown for the first two, than another one (of different color) for the third, and so on.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X