Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building An Email List--Please Help.

Hello,

I have made a webpage with "Name" and "Email Address" buttons, so that I can begin to build a list of email addresses.

Where do I send this information to so that I can keep a record of these email addresses?

Do I need to set up an account with an autoresponder?

Do I need another email address?

Many Thanks

Izzyalice
    Hello, I am a newbie and have appreciated all the help that I have received from the help centre. Cheers Isabel

Re: Building An Email List--Please Help.

There are two different aspects related:

1. Your form: the info entered in your form must be processed by a php script. This script will receive the info from the form, and send it to you as email. To see how you can build such a script, have a look at BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1. You can also use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor which will also store the info in a database.

2. Keeping a record of the email addresses: this can be done in a manual or automatic way:

a. When you receive these mails from your form script, you simply copy / paste the name and email of the visitor in an Excel spreadsheet, manually.

b. The automatic way: the same script that sends you the info, stores the info in a database. You can then have another script that will allow you to browse your database, i.e. view, add, edit, delete and so on. Not only, but these database Administration Interfaces will allow you to also export these records in a Excel file that can then be used to import names and email addresses in a mailing list.

Have a look at this database example . After filling in the form, use the link at the bottom of the same page, to see the Database Interface, and How it works. If you are interested in something like this, contact me.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X