• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kachano
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

BV - accepting payments?

As I understand it, one can accept credit card payments with soholaunch. Can it be done with BV? I have put a lot of effort and time in understanding/designing my website with BV and don't wish to switch to soho.

Can I accept credit card payments with BV? If yes, how should I go about it? If no, I am ******. :(
    Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: BV - accepting payments?

Hi Kachano,

it all depends on how you do your sales, but it can be dome anyway.

A typical application is that of using PayPal's "Buy Now" buttons. Go on PayPal, open an account, and create the "Buy Now" buttons as you like them, then copy the code and paste it in your page, in a html box. The visitor clicks on the button and is taken to PayPAl, where he can pay with his credit card. Another option, would be to setup a shopping cart (even with PayPal's shopping cart or any other cart) and use the "Add to cart " buttons. The payment is always through PayPal or any other gateway you like.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• kachano
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Hi NV,

Thanks very much for the help mate. You and Bethers have helped us a lot. Once again thanks very much for all the help.

Comment

• kachano
        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Another question! Is it ok if I paste some photos on the BV optimised templates in photoshop and then use it in BV? Or do I have to erase part of the template where I intend to paste a photo?

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

No, you can simply place the image over your template. However, this means that when someone loads the page, both images (the template and the extra one) are downloaded, so the loading time growes. If these images are going to be in ALL your pages, import the template image in a graphics software, add the pictures you want, and save it as a unique image (that will result, more or less, as big as the initial template). This way you will have lower loading time.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• kachano
            Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2007

Thank you very much. I would get you a couple of beers, if you were in Thailand. :)

Thanks NV.

Comment

Working...
            X