• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eileen
    Corporal

• Mar 2007

New to all of this

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of posts and the tutorials. For me, reading all the tutorials before I began was mind boggling. Now I am reading them one at a time and trying to do what is shown. I think that the Navigation bar (menu bar) is important to the index page. Do you call it index, then name it Home page on the Nav. bar? And, should I do the bar stuff first on my template page with text and images and then create the pages and name them what I have named them on the menu bar? Is this the way to begin? (I downloaded BV but have not yet opened an account as want to try it all first).

Eileen
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: New to all of this

Eileen,
    When you get ready to publish, your first page or "home' to use a generic term, has to be saved as index no caps, no extensions. Once saved then you can publish. Notice that if you do not title it (from Page Properties) the word index will appear on the blue bar above your internet window. Its a good idea to name your pages, with other than your website URL.

You can create a template with or without a NavBar and then use it for every page. Also, you might want to read about I-frames. Make a webpage in BV and preview it but you wont be able to publish without a VH account.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
    X