• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1lear
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Webpage Length And Width

Can My Webpage Be Any Length And Width. Question I Looked At My Webpage In Print Preview And It Looked All Crazy-but When I Pull It Up In Preview It Looks Great. When I Publish It Will It Look Like It Does In Preview-hope The Answer Is Yes. 1 More Question How Can I Put This So Called <h> Tag On My Page-where Do I Get It. Thats All For Now--thanks This Nw Stuff Is Hard But Fun
    Lose the Weight

• navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Webpage Length And Width

Yes, your page will look just as it looks in preview. In Print preview the page is all messed up, as web pages are NOT intended for printing, but for viewing on the screen.

Yes, your page can be any length and width, however, you should contain the width to no more than 1000 pixels, to avoid your visitors having to scroll horizzontally.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• sameer
      Second Lieutenant

• May 2006

as navaldesign also said that you do not have to worry much abou the printing preview of the web pages.

but regarding the web page length and width, firstly you do not have to worry at all abou the length. but for the width you can design your page for 779px. now, since big players like yahoo has designed their pages for 1024px, you can also design your pages for higher resolutions too. but not more than that.
      nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

• 1lear
        Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Many thanks -info was great.i know i will be sharing what i learn to others later on. thats a good feeling. ALSO can you tell me about the <H>
        is that something special i should do to my page and how do i do it. I don't want my page out there and no one see's it. Thanks
        Lose the Weight

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

<center><h1><font face="arial" size="3" color="#000000"> <b>INPUT YOUR INFO HERE</b></font></h1></center>
          <center><h2><font face="arial" size="2" color="#000000"><b>INPUT YOUR INFO HERE</b></font></h2></center>

The above is the script for use with H1 & H2 header .html tags

You will notice where it says INPUT YOUR INFO HERE - you would remove those words and add your own page decriptions there ... you can also apply another color code and size

This gets inserted into your blue voda page by the use of a .html box, found via your toolbar, insert - advanced - html

I still recommend people go with the '800 page width, you then are covering 100% of the viewers to avoid sideways scrolling ...
          20% or so, viewers are still viewing in this resolution, you merely center your page within it's properties and apply a background, this background will fill in around the edges of your page for those viewing in larger resolutions. Although the page length doesn't matter as much, I don't want to go for miles on a page, I would rather click to go onto a new page ...

The addition of the H1 & H2 .html headers on your page is good for search engine optimization, there things necessary for you to do as well ... for a handy guide on this you can read more about it from Bethers a member on this forum, and a link to this can be found in my blue_voda_tips

Hope this helps, good luck!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• 1lear
            Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Don't chew me out its me again. When i look at the page setup it says w-1368 and h-4440 but when i preview it looks great fits from side to side perfectly. i was changing it to 800 which makes my whole project out of whack. the fonts are not that big 10-26 in some areas. when i do the 800 and preview my page doesnt fill the screen like i want. i wonder if its the software because as i say when i pull it up in preview as it is -even tho it says 1368 it fit perfect. should i publish when i get my info and pull it up on another computer or do you think it will work even tho it states these widths.
            i don't understand how it fits so perfect in preview if its not going to work.
            Lose the Weight

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Sure publish it when you get your info and we will have a look.

However, just so that you know what is happening here is how that all works.

Everyone does not view the internet, or your website, in the same viewing resolution ... About 20% of the people surfing the internet these days are viewing in '800 x '600 resolution. The other 80% are viewing in 1024 & higher. So dependent on your computer is how you will see your page ... but it does not appear the same for everyone ...

So the preferred recommended page width is '800, however, with reading further today, some experts agree that by the end of 2007 the '800 resolution will pretty much be history, just in the same fashion the '600 resolution has since passed.

The choice is yours, however to eliminate your web site looking as though it is missing sides, you apply a background color, you tick center in page properties and your website shows up in the center of everyones screens. For those viewing in the higher resolutions of 1024 and up, they will see the background color on the sides,for those viewing in lower resolutions of the '800, your website will fill their computer screen from side to side just as you experience what you see now ...

I hope this gives you a better understanding and you can then make your own choice ..

BTW - did you notice the script for the H1 tags that you were asking for? They are in my above post - you had asked, don't want you to miss them ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• 1lear
                Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

Thank you,
                Excellent help I really appreciate it. And yes I did get the scripts and to let you know Im doing a lot on my own I investigated after you gave me them and put ffoooo in for my red color (smile). Soon as I get it up I will know better what to do. One page down (maybe) more to go. I'll be back I'm ok right now I think?
                Lose the Weight

Comment

• 1lear
                  Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

im back-i put the <h1> on my page by use of the html box. i checked page source and it doesnt show up. (just learned about pagesource)smile. this is the heading for my page to help with seo (learning more each day) should i had put this <h1> somewhere else to show up in page source-i see my regular text created with the text box in page source.

thanks
                  Lose the Weight

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

No, I believe you have done things correctly, good for you , you are moving along really well ...

You can read more seo tips in a guide produced by Bethers, a member of this forum, it can be found here ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                    X