• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yhopson
    Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Is this possible

I am wondering if someone can tell me if this is possible:

Say I have a website that my company is already providing me and it has it's own url with an extension that I can change. For example www.company.com/myname. This website is the same for all of the independent reps which would make it very hard to be able to change anything about the company site for SEO purposes. So I have purchased my own domain url which contains one of my main keywords. I have used bluevoda to create a link directory for this new domain and have started reciprocal link exchanges with several sites; which I believe is critical to getting to the top of the search engines. I don't think I am allowed to create my own website with my own index page for this company, so my question is can I have my new personal domain url forwarded to the company website and still be able to create link pages to the domain as well so that I can continue with my reciprocal link strategy?

I hope this makes sense..
    Please advise
    Yvonne
    Ameriplan USA | Discount Dental Plans | Ameriplan Dental Care

• LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Is this possible

Yvonne, I believe both websites need to be in control of one person ... I do not believe you can point your site to another site owned by someone else ...

If anyone knows any different to this, I am sure they will post here as well ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• yhopson
      Sergeant

• Mar 2007

Thank you
      I appreciate your help LadyEye
      Yvonne
      Ameriplan USA | Discount Dental Plans | Ameriplan Dental Care

Comment

• Andy128
        Major General

• Dec 2005

Yvonne,
        If you have your own website and wish people to be able to link to the web page (space) that your company provides then I would believe that you could do this with out any problems.

But if you forward your personal domain to that of the companies- no one will ever be able to pull up our personal domain or website. By this I mean- lets say you set up www.abc.com and have it set in cpanel to automatically redirect to www.xyz.com. Then every time some one clicks on or types in www.abc.com they will only see www.xyz.com.

Setting up links between the two and even creating a page re-direct is no problem.

Does that make sense or did I misinterpret something?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
        X