• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHILL
    Private First Class

• May 2007

Can BV do this?

Hi, my name is Jaco and I am from South Africa and also a newb.

This forum rocks! Just like the software…Impressive!
    I cant wait to build my very first website with BV!
    I have so many ideas and don’t know where to start!

Problem is, with plenty ideas comes plenty questions.
    So many questions, I don’t think it will be a problem
    becoming a General! Lol

What I would like to know is…(for now…)

Lets say, I design a site for a company and I handle every thing including
    Hosting (with BV of coarse) is it possible to give the staff of that company
    limited functions to do their updates? (In this case they requested to do so)

For instance, if they wanted to change the prices of their products regularly,
    Would I have to make the whole control panel available to them or
    is it possible to let them do it without using the main features?

Thanks in advance
    Ps. Hope someone sees this posting…lmao!
    Jaco Groenewald
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Can BV do this?

Jaco,

First, you need to square away your terms and concepts so you don't get all fuddled up before you plan out your empire! LOL

VodaHost is the Hosting Provider Company, and Blue Voda (BV) is the web-building tool you can download and use for free to create knockout websites which then will be hosted at VodaHost....see?

Next, You need to be very clear on the means to develop websites for anyone, how to establish accounts for that website, and the legal aspects governing all the ICANN and VodaHost Terms of Service before you start mentioning this new "ability" of yours, as VodaHost strictly forbids reselling accounts or "hosting by proxy" in any fashion........

And in direct answer to one of your questions regarding limited access to a Control Panel: "No." There is no means to grant anything but full access to the single Control Panel of an Account, nor would it be legal to do so.

There are methods to successfully design websites using Blue Voda and Host them at VodaHost both openly and at "arms length" but they are not particularly detailed or discussed due to the various problems that continually are encountered......

If you are a VodaHost client, and you email me personally, I might privately share some resources that should prove useful, but I limit such information to members of our Community proper.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

There is software out there that would allow you to have a store which would allow for customers to make changes to only certain aspects - and without going into the control panel. But, I hope you realize, BV is not a shopping cart.

That doesn't mean it can't be used for a store (notice mine) - and if the customer was given access to the BV pages, but not the control panel, they could adjust prices that way and never see the control panel. But that would entail an entire different ballgame of designing and making sure everything you did on BV was duplicated on whatever computer the customer would be using.

You could also build in many of the other shopping carts - and give the customer access to the shopping cart without access to the control panel. The shopping cart is separate from the hosting company.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• CHILL
        Private First Class

• May 2007

Hello General (Vasili)

I appreciate your input, but there are a few things I don’t understand. Can u please explain to me what u meant with the following statements?

First, you need to square away your terms and concepts so you don't get all fuddled up before you plan out your empire! LOL

Please elaborate…. what terms and concepts are u referring to?

You need to be very clear on the means to develop websites for anyone, how to establish accounts for that website, and the legal aspects governing all the ICANN and VodaHost Terms of Service before you start mentioning this new "ability" of yours, as VodaHost strictly forbids reselling accounts or "hosting by proxy" in any fashion........

Like I said, I am a newb…. now how can I be very clear if I am still in the learning process? U must now that I am still not sure what I want to do with my website, there are so many opportunities out there and things to do that it is hard to decide. What is important to me is that I must enjoy what I decide to do and at the same time generate income.

The plan is to study the forum, other people’s websites, get ideas and generally build my knowledge so that I can decide what is the best opportunity for me to pursue.

Then will I have a plan and start to work it…. (Hopefully very soon)

And …

Yes, I would like to know how to establish accounts for a website.

Legal aspects governing all the ICANN +"hosting by proxy"= Hu? (I will look that up and to educate myself on the subject.)

Once again I thank u for your input, at this stage I need all the help I can get.

Respect!
        Ps. Please excuse the raw English, not to bad for a Afrikaner hey? lol
        Jaco Groenewald

Comment

• CHILL
          Private First Class

• May 2007

Hi, Bethers

I took a look at your site and I must say it is impressive! First off all, I had something interesting to read wile the page loaded, I also like the “fading” effect when changing between pages. The whole outlay and design of your sites is excellent in my opinion.

Not even mentioning your products, if I new were to get the retailers or wholesalers in South Africa I would probably sell the same products the same way u do. (A child’s palace)

Eccentriq Arts have very talented artists! My brother is an artist himself and I now he will love this site!

When I start building my site, I will need to first learn how to link pages together and make the site go “live” after that, I think my biggest problem will be to sort out the payment processing….

Eish! Still a long way to go…lol
          When I am up and running with my basic site and I want to expand to shopping carts,
          I hope u are still around for some advice.

Thanks a million for your support, I already learned a few things from u!

Regards
          Jaco Groenewald

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I provided in my post what I thought were clear definitions for you....no?

ICANN is the agency world-wide that governs the issuance of domain names, registrations, website Rules and provisions of ownership, etc., and their stipulations of how to do anything must be adhered to exactly. (Learn more about ICANN HERE.)

VodaHost, the Provider of website hosting services that this forum (VodaTalk) provides, has specific Terms of Service that do not allow "reselling" accounts and have particular Rules governing account use and allowances that in addition to the overall ICANN Rules must be followed without exception, and you can examine them HERE.

Your original post declared your interest in creating websites for others, and using Blue Voda to do so, as well as hosting those sites at VodaHost. And, you asked about how to "share" or limit a Control Panel for those accounts, which indicates you are aware of the nature of how accounts are structured here at VodaHost.......which clearly indicates that you do indeed, have some knowledge of what "hosting by proxy" infers. Thus, in my post above, I thought it best for you to study the actual Rules, Terms, and stipulations that would directly influence how you would plan to develop your "plan" to create websites before you told anyone that you could do so, without the benefit of really knowing how to go about it. And, there were posts made by others as well, giving you some "solutions" that may prove helpful in that pursuit as well.

However, as I mentioned, I do not necessarily distribute detailed "VodaTips" information to others that are not in fact members of our Community......when you do in fact have an account with VodaHost it is possible that I may be of some additional help.

You should just go ahead and download Blue Voda, and try your hand using it....your expectations and difficulties trying to "pre-plan" your site will melt away as you expand your own technique, and your site too will probably expand in scope with your growing "expertise"!

PS: You should also probably remove the website URL presently in your "signature" since it is not hosted with VodaHost (See the Forum Signature Rules Here)

Comment

• CHILL
              Private First Class

• May 2007

Hi, General

Ok, thanks for the links, I will check them out after this posting…

I did not want to sound like a total idiot on my first postings, that’s why I read a few
              posts before sending my own. Somewhere I read about the control panel and if I use my imagination a bit, it can sound like I know what I am talking about!

Looks like it worked! LOL!

I already downloaded the BV software long ago and played with it ….very nice!
              Recently I got a permanent Internet connection and I started to play again,
              I even downloaded the upgrade dude! (Version 9.1)

If ya don’t mind….. please go and check, if u have not checked it yet…

www.123GGP.com

Can I do a site like that? That was the original plan, only I want to charge a minimal monthly fee. Then a question came up….can the customer make some changes him self.

Remember I am only starting up now and I am going slow and small…not thinking as big as u yet General. LOL

Regards

Ps. I will get a account when I am ready…….. thank u
              Jaco Groenewald

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by CHILL
                Somewhere I read about the control panel and if I use my imagination a bit, it can sound like I know what I am talking about!
                Looks like it worked! LOL!
                "Fake it until you make it"??? LOL
                Doesn't really work around here ..... it's really more like "follow the leader" or better yet "do what I did".....

Comment

• CHILL
                  Private First Class

• May 2007

General,

Just want to say, thanks for beaming me up again Scotty! LOL

I agree…….and I tried to check out your site but the page goes black and it says,
                  Loading 57% …….and then just hangs? Any idea why?

Regards
                  Ps. thank u for absorbing my “mistakes”…….appreciate!
                  Jaco Groenewald

Comment

• CHILL
                    Private First Class

• May 2007

General,

Ok, this time it opened……..and it is so good it scares me! WOW!
                    I guess it is still under construction, as some links don’t work.

Don’t now what to say….I am blown away!
                    Jaco Groenewald

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You are experiencing a "load hang" in your browser as it attempts to load Flash....
                      Sometimes the dns on our PC gets clogged and we have trouble viewing some sites. Please follow the below instructions for unclogging your DNS.

1) Close down open all browsers
                      2) On your computer click >>> Start
                      3) Next click >>> Programs
                      4) Next click >>> Accessories
                      5) Next click >>> Command Prompt
                      This will open a black dialog box...
                      6) Type in: ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.....

REPEAT PROCESS ABOVE AGAIN

You have successfully flushed your DNS and cleared your computer out of conflicting cached files and application hangs. The next step is to test it.....

Hand key in your browser: www.ChoiceIncentive.com and wait for the site to load completely. (It is all there, and works just fine)
                      If you are attempting to view another site of mine, you are discovering that the process of re-initializing my Dedicated Server account has not yet been completed, and it would be best not to encumber the process unnecessarily until at least tomorrow....

Comment

• CHILL
                        Private First Class

• May 2007

I followed your instructions but still no luck, at the bottom of my browser in the left corner it says “error on page” with the exclamation sign.
                        Still loads 57% and hangs……(ChoiceIncentive.com)

Ok, this time it opened……..and it is so good it scares me! WOW!
                        I guess it is still under construction, as some links don’t work.

Yes u are right, I was referring to EHRHARD ENTERPRISES

OUTSTANDING SITE!

If I may ask, is there a site where I can get professional images like the ones on EHRHARD ENTERPRISES?

Regards
                        Jaco Groenewald

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by CHILL View Post
                          OUTSTANDING SITE!

If I may ask, is there a site where I can get professional images like the ones on EHRHARD ENTERPRISES?

Regards
                          Thanks for your kind comment.....yes, I am still behind the eight-ball trying to make good on a number of projects.
                          All but 3 of the pictures I used on this site I took myself with a new digital camera (I annoyed everyone playing with) in my offices last September when I was still a 100+ employee company. *sigh*

You can find many suitable pictures from many of the professional photobanks online, if you do not have subject matter or the means to create your own images.

Comment

• Tom vR
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Welcome to Voda land Jaco. As you can see, you are in good hands here. From a fellow citizen.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X