hello and i need some help! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello and i need some help! :)

i just wanted to say hi and that i just downloaded the blue voda software. looks great but i am quiet new to all of this and do not really know where to start from. first of all i will need to build this web page in hebrew (as a start) then translte it to spanish and english. so i would like some help configuring the hebrew part (also spanish part although i havent tried to do spanish yet). i went through the tutorial about how to set the language and still it didnt work! so please help me someone :) also i would like to make my home page (the first page you see when you enter my site) with a basic loco and the 3 links (one for the hebrew site, one for spanish site and one for english site) but once someone is in my site and wants to go back to my home page i would like that person to reach the home page of that selected language (not the one with the 3 buttons) so how do i do that? should i name the 3 button page index and the other ones homehebrew, homespanish, homeenglish (for example)? waiting to hear from you and to build my site with your help

Re: hello and i need some help! :)

1st thing to do is have a think of how may pages your site may end up with. This is only in the respect of suggesting that you use the .php method that quite a few of us are using when having many pages to a site. This will save you a lot of work when your site grows.
    Link for more info. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...light=php+menu

This page may help with the Hebrew? http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ghlight=hebrew

For the 3 languages you will be best setting up 3 folders in BV & 2 sub-directories in your sites c panel when you have your account set up with Vodahost.

But before you get two far, try making a test page that you may think is suitable for all pages in all languages on your new site. The reason I say this! Is it will work out a lot faster for you in the long run to have some sort of universal template to work from. But you will need to test the amount of space that text will take up in all languages. I am pretty sure that English/Spanish will be very similar, but Hebrew may take up more or less space on you web page. Once you have your layout & template, you can set up the structure of your site.

Set up your 3 folders on your PC under the Blue voda folder. (English/Hebrew/Spanish) You will be saving the appropriate language in the correct folders.

Next part you will need a VH account for your web site. http://www.vodahost.com/prices.htm Once you have this, you can start creating a home page area & areas for each language. This can be done as per instructions below.

I would set the home directory as your main customer target & in the most spoken language (English is the most widely spoken) If it was English? From here you can have the home directory as your English site (public_html), & on every page in the English site you would have 2 flags. One to the Israeli site & 1 to the Spanish site. This would then work the same for the other 2 languages back to the English site.
    So now you have the English area of your site, you need to create another 2 sub-directories & call one of them english & the other one spanish. (Directories are just folders)
    Once you have set these up, you will publish your pages to
    1. public_html/ for your English pages.
    2. public_html/hebrew/ for your Hebrew pages
    3. public_html/Spanish/ for all your Spanish pages.

Hope this is enough to get you started. I am sure some other ideas will come along.
    PS, I would defiantly go the .php route for your site, as it will save a lot of time on the amount of duplicating you will have to do.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Fantastic advice

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you general!

Slight correction on the above instructions.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now you have the English area of your site, you need to create another 2 sub-directories & call one of them english & the other one spanish. (Directories are just folders)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The english part should read Hebrew.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X