• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ianric
    Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Help about cookies wanted please

I would like to know if my site captures cookies of the people that visit it and if so where do they go and how can I use the information. I am not sure that I want to use them but I need to reassure my visitors that they will not be used for any dire purposes.

Regards ianric
    Ian
    Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
    ImageWizard.biz
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: Help about cookies wanted please

As you have not provided your site URL we are going to struggle. Do you have a login system on your site (a shopping cart, perhaps) - where members login? Or a forum? If your site uses nothing like this then you will not collect cookies.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ianric
      Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Re: Help about cookies wanted please

Hi Amanda

Thanks for the reply, I didn't supply a URL because although it is online it is not officially on line, if you see what I mean.

I don't have a shopping cart but I am using a form in Form Maker Pro where they supply their details to order the product. We don't take any financial details, this is taken care of by Paypal.

The reason I am asking is because I would like to say that we do not use cookies, in a privacy statement for the site.

I do state that we use log details which are, I believe, the ones that you see in awstats in the CP.

I am just not sure if cookies are being gathered by visitors to the site without my knowing.

Many thanks

Ianric
      Ian
      Web Graphics, eBook Covers, Headers, and Buttons
      ImageWizard.biz

Comment

Working...
      X