• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donprofit
    Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

How do I set up website for a opt in?

My domain name is profitinforeclosures.com. I'm new at this and am going to need a lot of help. I'm in the process of setting up my website and so I don't mess it up, I have a question (the first of many). I've written a 3 part report that I'll be giving away to build a list. I imagine I put the opt-in info on the home page of my site. Where do I put the report and how do I let them access it a part at a time? Unfortunatley I'm really not sure what I'm try to ask so any help concerning what I did ask will be apreciated.
    Thanks, donprofit
    Last edited by donprofit; 06-16-2007, 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: How do I set up website for a opt in?

Please explain better what you want to acheive. Just the logic, so we can understand exactly what you want to do.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Firstly, you need to have a detailed Privacy Policy universally displayed on your website (must be accessible on every page), and that policy must be in compliance with the laws that currently govern (CANN, Patriot, Financial Disclosure and Credit Reporting, etc.).
      >> Additionally, you must provide an "email opt-out" method (email form function) completely separate from other Contact email functions in order to properly respond and control this required provision. In all of your communications that are made using your "list", you need to state the legal name of your business, your physical street address (not a PO Box), telephone, and the link for this opt-out process also on he actual page of that communication in a font size no smaller than 9pt and in a commonly legible color (black, 80% black, navy blue, or red).

If as you describe above want to allow Users governed access (different levels) to certain Content (be they published "Reports" or downloadable PDF's etc.) you can achieve this by using password protected directories within your website. You can actually have different levels of "protection" by having protected directories within protected directories, and by issuing certain passwords, control the level of access Users can enjoy.

For example, you have 3 levels of "protection" for various 'tiers' of clients, and each area has progressively richer content for them to enjoy. This means you have 3 protected directories, each within each other.....and if you establish a "universal" password scheme, for example, for each 'tier' of client, one password will allow them to drill in accordingly.

How?

Simple, really....you need to set up a cascading password system so you need not spin your wheels creating multiple passwords for each User.
      Example:
      Joe is your newest client, and he is supposed to have access to only the first two areas (or Level 2 Access). You issue him a Generic User Name of "XYZClient" and a password of "2enter4894813" (because there are 3 levels: Preferred, Premium, and Platinum).
      When Joe goes to the link that will take him to the first password dialog box and enters "Premium" it delivers him to the first area just fine; when he clicks on the link there to take him to the second area, it again works and delivers him to that page where he can either view Content or download a PDF from that specific area. However, when he clicks on the link within Level 2 to go to Level 3, his password is not recognized and prevents him from accessing that area.
      If you simply issue a 'blanket' User name and rely on the unique password, this should be enough, and the passwords are complicated enough to prevent hacking as well as be memorable for the Users. In this example, I would have set up blanket passwords for the levels (directories) like this:
      LEVEL 1 Approved Passwords: 1stlevel10763, 2enter489483, 3pass932986
      LEVEL 2 Approved Passwords: 2enter289483, 3pass932986
      LEVEL 3 Approved Passwords: 3pass932986

Can you see this logic?

And of course, you will need to establish the password protected directories within directories as well, and publish within then precisely.

and on we go....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• donprofit
        Second Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

This is profitinforeclosures.com again. Is there an easier way to build a list by giving away a report? I would like to do it in 3 parts but that might not be feasible for someone like me. Any suggestions?
        Thanks, donprofit
        RENT TO OWN A Home With No Qualifying FREE Manual Shows You How. Buy With A Lease Option

Comment

Working...
        X