• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarinetjoy
    Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Vista and BV

I am having a problem that is driving me crazy. I have converted from XP to Vista. Now when I am creating the pages and adding pictures everything looks ok in BV but when I view it on my web browser or after it is posted it is not aligned the same anymore. For example, there are large spaces between my boxes of text. At the bottom of one page I have a link that says click here; well it looks ok on BV but to get it to look the same on the website I actually have to place the link on top of the paragraph above or else there is to much space between it and the paragraph. Placing it on the paragraph above puts it several lines below the paragraph on the web. If you go to catalinascommunitychorus.org the home page you can see it is ok.
    On the about us page the picture of Marg is ok but on BV I had to position it next to the paragraph above. I never had any of these problems when I was using XP so what am I doing wrong now?
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Vista and BV

Your about us page is way more than 800px's. Go to the page properties and make sure the width is 800.

As to the problems with Vista- try dowloading Firefox (Mozilla) web browser and then view your site again. Reason: if it looks ok, then perhaps it is a problem with Vista or IE7 (which Vista comes with). Most likely it is a IE7 problem.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Robert
      First Lieutenant

• May 2005

did you at anytime publish one page, then make changes..perhaps by copying and pasting elements from one of the other pages, then publishing again...nevermind.

I do notice that the images: m_219i_01.gif and m_219d.gif seems to be duplicates, each a different size.

First, go into BlueVoda and go into Page Properties for all your pages and make sure your pages are the same width and height.
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

• clarinetjoy
        Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Thanks for the suggestions but none worked. I actually still have my XP and the site looks the same on both machines. I changed the page properties but that did not help; a;sp they are the same I was using on my XP.
        I did do alot of cutting and pasting because things did not transfer very well could that be a problem?

Comment

• 00chips
          Private

• Jun 2007

looks ok to me

Comment

Working...
          X