Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new site

Hi everone

I want to build a new store. I have a domain name that I pointed to my IP address as a addon to www.grumpyscountrystore.com. Do I have to download a new bv web site builder or what. I have been trying to figure it out for 2 days. Am I missing something or what. Could someone please help me out. Thank you in advance.

Chuck

Re: Building a new site

I can see your website, its online. You don't need BlueVoda to make your site, it's just a second option to make your website, you can use Dreamweaver, Adobe Go Live, Microsoft Expression etc. as long as you publish to the server that was assigned with your username and password.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hey Chuck, not sure what you are asking. If I understand it correctly, you have a totally different domain that you have pointed to your grumpy site (for now??). But you actually want to build a new site using that domain name?? So if you have added the new domain name as an addon, it would have created a folder in your ftp. Is that the case? If so, just create the same folder name within your bluevoda files and start building just like you did you grumpy site, only save into the new folder. When you publish, make sure you publish to the new folder. I hope I am answering your question.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Dream Lady

You answered my questions all right. I now have one or two more, ok.

Where in bluevoda do I go to create this folder?
        How do I create the same folder name within my bluevoda files?

I know these questions sound dumb but I am lost in starting a new site in bluevoda. Please could you please help me out. I seem to have a mental block about this. Thank you in advance.

Chuck

PS: Yes I want to build a site with my new domain name, and it is an addon and there is a new ftp folder.

Comment

Good Morning Chuck! You have already done the hard part and that is adding the addon domain! lol Anyway, all you do now, is open up your bluevoda webbuilder. Start your first page for your new site, we'll assume it's your index page so call it index. Then click save. When the Save box comes up it should bring up your Blue Voda Folder and you should see your other website folders in there. In the upper right click on the icon symbol that says create a new folder (looks like a yellow folder with a red dot). Type in the addon domain name as the new folder. In the file name type the name of your page index . and say save. That's it. You have now created a folder for your new domain name and created the index or home page. Every page you create for this website from now on, make sure you save in it in this folder.

Now, when you go to publish your pages, make sure that you type the correct folder name. So if your main site is published to your public_html folder, then this site would be published to: public_html/nameofnewdomain. (make sure that nameofnewdomain is spelled exactly like it is in your ftp.)

I hope all of that made sense!!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hello Dream Lady

Thank you so very much for the way yougave me the information on how to start building my new site. It was very helpful. Now I am off and running to build it. Once I figured it all out I love the heck out of BV. Again thank you very much.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
            X