Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Meant When Subdomains Must Have Index Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Meant When Subdomains Must Have Index Page?

CLIENT 9719
    1. Finished subdomain (bradsforceisstrong)
    2. Said published successfully.
    3. I have read more than once that the subdomains must have their own index page.
    4. What does this mean?
    5. I already have pg. #1 bradkimball.com which is the index page.
    6. I published subdomain today Aug. 31, 2007.
    Linda

Re: What Is Meant When Subdomains Must Have Index Page?

EVERY website must have its own index page if anything is to present at all.

Whether a domain is a Primary domain of an account, an add-on or sub-domain to another account (each of which resides in its own separate directory within the main public_html/ directory of the Main or Primary account), every such structure requires an index page per directory.

Much like every book in the library must have a single index page, even though they are on different shelves, or groups, or rooms within the library. Each index page is the singlemost important page of each book, forming the navigation and content structure of all the pages inside of it.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili,

1. Does this mean that I have to design another index page every time I add a new subdomain? As I write this question I'm feeling a little stupid but have to ask nonetheless to make sure that I get it right. Publishing is way overdue.
      2. Or, is there a way to make the index that is already published, bradkimball.com, the index page for every subdomain?
      Thanks, Linda

Comment

Hi, yes it’s possible to use the same index page, but can’t quite see why? If you have created a sub domain I would of assume it is for a different area of your site, or even a completely different site & most of the links would be different.
        You can use the page as a template for the new index page of your sub domain. But then change all the links.
        NOTE: If you do this, remember to save this new index page in a new folder as it will overwrite your old index page when you save.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X