E-mail help not covered in tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail help not covered in tutorials

I'd like to have my page set up so that I can hyperlink an outside e-mail address (elcyouth@embarqmail.com) to go to a preset form where you can type in your message and put in your reply e-mail and such and just hit "send" so that it will go to that address or so that somehow the person who receives mail at that address can access it somewhere here on Blue Voda. Any suggestions?

Re: E-mail help not covered in tutorials

Can you please clarify ? you mean you want a answer form, from which you can answer somebody that has emailed you ? If yes, this is only possible if that person emails you not through his email address, but through another form of your site. And what should the preset content be ?

And to achieve it, you need a custom made script, specially built for this person.

If i have misread your post, please excuse me.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your insight. This is the query I have - this site is built for our church youth group. I am the web builder but the e-mail that is sent, really needs to go to a staff person in the church - his e-mail is elcyouth@embarqmail.com, so when people click on the link that says E-mail to elcyouth@embarqmail.com, it will bring up either their own e-mail server at home with that e-mail address already put into their "TO" box, or a page on Blue Voda that will look like a form to send e-mail directly to either that staff person, or a place that if he goes to our website he can check it there. I am the only one with Blue Voda downloaded onto my computer - all files and information is stored here with me, but for someone else's benefit.

Comment

if i understand this right, you want someone to click on a link say 'contact me' to enable them to send an e-mail to a specific person's e-mail?

if this is so you need a mailto: link, just change the link type to mailto: and then the persons e-mail address?

hope i got this right??

bluerovers
        www.bluerovers.co.nz
        bluerovers
        www.bluerovers.co.nz
        www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

If you only want a simple email with that person's email address already filled in, follow the advise by bluerovers.
          If, as you said, originally, you want a preset form to appear, with certain info included, then you need a form.

The function is the same. However, a form would induce a visitor to fill in specific info,, a simple email cannot do this.

depends on your own needs......
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X