Newbie Questions?? Word Press...PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Questions?? Word Press...PayPal

ok, take it easy on me, i'm a rookie. - let me also preface by saying, i did view the video tutorials on these subjects as well as read various forum posts.

1) Word Press? - is there any way to have the blog on a particular page? If there are 5 pages and I want the blog on "page 3"

also, even though i am not finished building the site, somehow i was setting up the wordpress blog and i noticed its showing on my domain name: http://www.bluelionsports.com

when i eventually publish my blue voda site "where" does the blog go? again, how can i get it to appear on the page i want it to?

2) Would a message board be any easier to add to a page? If so, is there one that comes with BV?

3) PayPal? - i've got the buttons on my site because i know i will be using PP, but how 'exactly' do i get them to connect to my particular paypal account (that i have not created yet)

also, what are the maximum number of items PP will allow? i have NFL ******* listed in a table on my site with a paypal "add to cart" button next to it. but there are about a 100+ *******. i thought i read somewhere 30 was the max...i hope not.

4) Photos - is there a way to add rotating pictures to the site. as in a single slideshow style. not the lightbox feature. or is that the 'gallery' feature?

apologies in advance if these questions aren't slotted in the right threads. i'm just really frustrated with a time crunch and having to "research" each issue every little step of the way. - that said, once i finish the damn thing i think it will look good. i'm pleased so far.

thank you
    Mark

Re: Newbie Questions?? Word Press...PayPal

1. Wordpress is not simply a page of your site, it is an entire script. It appeared in your site because you have probably installed it in your root (public_html) directory. You need to install it in a folder of its own.

2. You can use BV's built in guest book, more or less it is the same as a message board or blog, but much simpler to add in your page and use.

3. PayPal: no limit. You can install as many as you like. However, if you have many products, do NOT use Buy Now buttons, use PayPal's cart. The buttons them selves, are just forms (even though they don't appear as such). When you create these buttons in PayPal, or even in BV, the code is associated to your email address (in particular to the ones (or more) you use to create your PayPal account. That's how the buttons are connected to your account and not to anyone else's.
    4. Use BV's banner rotator to create a simple photo slideshow.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks for the help!

1. you said to install it in a folder of its own...so ulimtately, if i want to add the wp script (my blog) to the page that is saved as "sportstalk" page in my website www.bluelionsports.com/sportstalk/blog? is that close to being correct? and i assume i need to add this 'after' i have uploaded my website pages? i'm afraid to ask how to change the blog into a template i like.

2. thank you!

3. thank you! --- late last night (early this morning, 430am!!) when i double clicked the 'add to cart' button, there was a link to 'create a paypal account' - i 'assume' this will take care of the issue.

4. thank you!

Comment

No. It is not correct. The link to the blog will be http://bluelionsports/wordpress if we suppose that you install wp in a folder called "wordpress" and have it work on it's own. You can NOT install wp in a page!! You can limit it to display within one of your pages, only if you use frames, but i am not sure that wp doesn't have any internal links that are _blank or _top (opening in new or top window) . If there are, sooner or later, it will come out of the frame. If there arenr any (which i don't know) then it will be able to keep it inside the frame, and consequently in your page.

If you use iframe for your wp, the link in your meny will be simply www.bluelionsports.com/sportstalk.html where sportstalking is your page where you want the bolg to appear in.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

look - apologies for asking

i said take it easy on me, i was a rookie. as in i have NEVER done this before.i have seen in other message boards where the "experts" seem to be so annoyed when a newbie doesn't grasp what they already know. i have seen it all too much where people have to beg a forum board not to beat them up for asking a damn question that they may deem stupid.

your all caps and exclamation points are UNNECESSARY!!

You can NOT install wp in a page!!

so, never mind

unless you want the last word....i will no longer post on your board.

Comment

I was going to answer, but never mind. I apologise hurting your feelings. It is your choice if you don't want to post any more. Have a nice day.
            Navaldesign

Comment

(reaching for a tissue)

yes, you truly "hurt" my feelings

lol...it's easy to be tough guy 'on the internet' where its safe. isn't it naval?

ok...take care of yourself

Comment

Well, now you are going too far. I have never been a tough guy, never used any language, and wrote to you quite politely explaining the meaning of the CAPS. I also apologised, even though i don't think there was anything on my post to offend you. I have been helping people here since two years. I can't really see what your problem is. And, your style of talking shows your mentality. So if we were not on the internet, what would you have done ? Shoot me ?
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi I am working on a site for a "food Kitchen" I need a donation button how would I go about setting that up. from start to finish I need to watch the video's I know just asking ty Dale

Comment

Hey this thread is mostly long dead and I should probably leave it that way but I just want to say: I spend a lot of time reading these posts and virtually never say anything, because i think I'm learning something from those of you that know way more than the rest of us. Naval, you are at the top of my esteem chart, not only because of your uncontested knowledge, but even more because of your generous nature. Blue Lion Sports was way off base.
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thankyou!
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Problem hosting

Hello Naval or anyone else,
                        I can't view the blue voda pages after I FTP the files. The blue voda files have extension .bvp is it the prob?
                        Can someone pls help?
                        SAL.

Comment

well that stinks.
                          I was learning something until that guy threw a fit and ran off.

any chance in picking up where he left off?

here's my trouble: i set up wordpress (or started to anyways).
                          I have a site related to baseball. i plan on having one page per team (30 teams) and one blogger per page (30 bloggers). I'd LIKE their blogs to show up by themselves on their respective pages when they submit them.

(i don't want to have to update 30 pages each day one-by-one)

I don't know how to go about this.

I don't know much of anything about wordpress or frames, so i'm in trouble i think.

is there any hope for me?

thanks in advance for your help!!

Comment

Working...
                          X