Okay next step.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay next step.

Okay not sure where my last thread went.. but okay... now I have (I think) the top portion of my first page, (header?) it looks awful but I keep plugging along.

So now.... I have to get a bluevoda host account and transfer that page? Is a host account the the same as a server? Also, if I upload files to bluevoda using the my existing address, will my site be live right then? Obviously that can't happen because I have just begun creating it. Will the existing site remain online during this process? I can't have it go offline.

Sorry so many questions.

Gabby

existing site... I am embarrassed by it.. www.atosa.org.

PS. I just read the above "two simple requests" I am sorry you didn't contact me before you deleted it. I surely wasn't being malicious in anyway. I am totally clueless.

I'm not spamming your forum nor have I created multiple threads. And I wasn't sure about a host account yet because I didn't want any problems when I transfer my existing site. To be honest I don't even know the difference between a host and a server. I am completely lost and I have no idea how all this works as far as transferring files ftp and all that stuff.
    I read all these post questions and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. Very frustrating. I can cut and paste. That is the extent of my web developing capabilities. LOL
    Hell has no fury like a scorned women missing a rib!
    Always be kind...

Re: Okay next step.

sorry a few more questions.

can anyone tell me if I can post the address name of the bluevoda page I am working on in this forum so I get get some feedback? I just have the top part done

it starts with C:\Users\Gabby... is this safe to put in this forum? Can someone access my computer if I put the full address/link or whatever you want to call it here?

Is this the same page address that I will upload to bluevoda?

I have read/viewed ALL of the tutorials but they kind of assume the person knows what things are. ie FTP.. I guess I really need to go back to the basic first! Is there I site I can go to for this?

Thanks
    Gabby
    Always be kind...

Comment

okay getting ready to get bluevoda hosting. i have read the tutorials but wondering if i need to use existing address and will it automaticcaly go live? i can't have that cause i've just started with blue voda software.

some help please

i am at the ordering page what is a dedicated ip addrss is it worth the extra money and also the ssl certification.

i'll wait for a response

gabby
      Always be kind...

Comment

Until you get a hosting account - we cannot see what you've done - as it's not live - the address you have is on your computer only.

You can always get a dedicated ip or ssl later - if you need them.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks beth . so it is safe to use the address of my existing website when signing up for bluevoda hosting or should i use a whole different address then change it. I feel so stupid asking these questions. is there someone i can call tonight for this information. i would like to get this done now

thank so much

gabby
          Always be kind...

Comment

If you are going to publish the site using the same address, by all means you can open the account with it. Just realize that until you change the nameservers here your old page will show even after you sign up.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

ok i think i get it...so i can use my existing address and it will remain online as it is now until i change the server to ******** correct?. then bluevoda will be my host and server?

gabby
              Always be kind...

Comment

well, if you sign up with ******** - you'll be with an entirely different company. This is VODAhost and blue voda is aa builder, not the hosting co.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

yes I met voda host.

Okay I'm signing up now..

Beth can you tell me how to set a frame for my webpage? I think if I start with that it will be much better. I have/had a header but my daughter said it looked terrible and it does. How dod I make it look less homemadish?

Gabby
                  Always be kind...

Comment

Gabby, Unless I can see your page, I can't help you here. I'm not sure what you want to do. You can make all kinds of frames, etc with Blue Voda - and lots here will help but first I suggest you watch the tutorials and play a bit.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                    X