HTML Validation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Validation

How important is HTML validation? I have run my pages, numerous errors are found. The majority are, for example, "line 68 column 9 - Error: ID "BV_" already defined", and various attributes and elements not allowed, which seem to have occurred naturally through building with BV, but which I cannot access to edit in BV.

Should I be concerned?

Re: HTML Validation

I'm new to BV, but...

The id="bv_" is causing that particular error - id values should be unique, but BV generates the same bv_ for each one.

Comment

With a html generator like BV there isn't anything you can really do unless the program itself is changed. About the only thing you can do is go in and edit your pages by hand each and every time you publish to clean up the pages and make them all validate.

That being said I wouldn't worry about your html being able to validate correctly.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

That's all I needed to hear. Movin' On!

Thanks,

Comment

Most templates and website builders generate some invalid coding. Almost all sites have some coding that generates a warning, rather than a flat error. Slapping pictures in a table is actually invalid usage of what a table was intended for.. displaying data..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X