Need help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please!

I was having problems saving changes. I removed all instances of BV, ran a clean up and re-installed BV again..all per support instruction. Now all of my previous pages are gone. What should I do? www.incaseoflife.com

Re: Need help please!

Did you look in your documents for the old folder BV, not the program, but in documents and settings, mydocuments, as this is where Bv puts the pages you make while the program is listed in the program files. Double check there first. You can blue ftp your site and download all your files and import the html and fix them up a bit and have all your pages that you have published again even if you cant find the lost folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen. thank you for your response. I looked in all my files..can't find them anywhere. What do you mean by 'blue ftp your site'?

Comment

Georg

You can either blue ftp to the control panel from the BV builder under tools, then in public html see all your sites and files, and you can download them by right clicking on them and downloading to a specific folder. You can also login to your control panel, file manager, and public html and do the same. You can use other ftp clients or explorer that allows you to drag and drop from window panes as well.

Did you run a search on your computer for Blue Voda, or bv or .bvp etc to see if any folders come up? Uninstalling should have left your document folder in tact.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen. I was able to make some progress with your suggestions. I can now access 3 of 5 pages. The ones with .bvp extension that was in the public_html folder were movable. Put the other two only have .html and will not move to BV. Also the images are not showing up on the 3 pages. I am so glad I made some progess. I was about to give up. Could you possibly take a look at your convience and see if you can figure what I am not doing correctly. Thank you so much! www.incaseoflife.com

Comment

Georg

You need to nab those html pages to, and IMPORT them to bv, Choose open a new page, except choose from existing html.

Yes you will need to replace all the nav bars and the pictures, but at least you have a starting point and wont be doing it from scratch.

Pages appear to be working, but .. even tho u didnt ask, please consider making a unified theme to the site, where all the navs and backgrounds are the same. It just looks more polished and professional when you do this... more together and unified. Not only that but it gives your audience the feel that they are on the same site, and not switching to a new one with every page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X