• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fascinasians
    Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Some Questions

Hello,
    We have published our website on Blue Voda and are pretty happy about it.We do still have some things that we have been unable to solve in reading the forums and studying the tutorials.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Our domain name is www.fascinasians.com
    1.We have created a colored border(pink) on the website.Before we publish,the border is even on the right and left margin,and continues all the way to the left and right margins.After we publish the border on the right side has a white band outside of the colored border.We have tried to fix this,unsuccessfully.Any thoughts?
    2.When we open our website and click on a picture to enlarge it will do fine,but if we close this pic and try to open it again the box for the pic is blank.If you open a second pic before trying to open the first again then the first will open fine.I hope I described the problem.
    3.We need to update our site fairly often due to changes in our product availability.We have heard that frequent republishing may cause problems for customers to view the correct information.Is there any truth to this,and if so any suggestions?
    Sorry for so many questions.We have searched the tutorials and forums and have had no success.Thank you for any help you can offer!
    Fascinasians
  • Jeremy
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Some Publishing Questions

Hey,

There must be something wrong with your Java .. did you create the code yourself or get it from a site? If so can you place it here please :) .. I didn't seem to have a problem though ..

P.S. Centre your websiite.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• mwalsh62
      Major

• Jul 2007

Re: Some Questions

Hi,

As Jeremy suggested, center your page. The pink is, I'm guessing, going to the edges as they are defined by page width? If you want pink background, right click on your page, page properties, set background color to pink. It will extend entire to width of browser.

Comment

• fascinasians
        Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
        Hi,

As Jeremy suggested, center your page. The pink is, I'm guessing, going to the edges as they are defined by page width? If you want pink background, right click on your page, page properties, set background color to pink. It will extend entire to width of browser.
        Thank you very much!
        fascinasians.com

Comment

• fascinasians
          Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Re: Some Publishing Questions

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
          Hey,

There must be something wrong with your Java .. did you create the code yourself or get it from a site? If so can you place it here please :) .. I didn't seem to have a problem though ..

P.S. Centre your websiite.
          Hello,
          We did not create our own code,we only used what Blue Voda provided.We are trying the centering idea,thank you for your help!

Comment

• ravikumar
            Private First Class

• Nov 2006

Re: flash based

hello,,
            is it possible to create aflash based pages in BV,,,
            i seen some of flashbased websites ,, very impressive,, is it possible to create in BV
            for example checkthis website
            www.indianmasti.com.au i like this website
            can any one help please

Comment

• Andy128
              Major General

• Dec 2005

Ravikumar,
              Yes it is possible.

You will need experiance with flash and java script to accomplish this. It is not something that is extensively covered in the tutorials for BV or in this forum.

Flash needs a specific program to produce.

We can help fill in the gaps and help you integrate your project, but teaching you how to build a flash site from scratch is beyond the scope of this forum.

I suggest doing a google search on:
              creating flash sites
              creating flash movies
              embedding flash in a web page

That would be a great start. Also- if you need help or have a question that is not related to the topic in any particular thread- please start a new thread so everyone will be able to search it.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
              X