Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A second website...?

Hello,

I already have one website through VodaHost. How do I go about getting/registering another one? The second one will be unrelated to the first. Do I sign up for another account? Or can I just add on another domain to my existing account thru Voda? Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

Will Leary
    TFOD2theSaints.com

Re: A second website...?

Originally posted by WJLeary View Post
    Hello,

I already have one website through VodaHost. How do I go about getting/registering another one? The second one will be unrelated to the first. Do I sign up for another account? Or can I just add on another domain to my existing account thru Voda? Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

Will Leary
    TFOD2theSaints.com

Hi Will:

With your voda hosting account you can have unlimited domains (websites) if you are the owner and they are all of yours. If it is for a client or someone else, they will need their own account.

If this is your own, you can order another domain through voda host, once you have received confirmation that your domain name has been issued to you, log into your vbs (found in your domain purchase confirmation when you receive) log in there and go to manage domains or my domains and change the servers for this new domain name to your two voda servers (those found in your log in information email you received when you ordered your voda hosting account). You will then log into your control panel and choose the ADD ON DOMAIN icon and add on this domain.
    You will then make another index page with blue voda for this domain, and all of your other pages and publish instead to public_html/newdomain (you will need to type the name of the domain after public_html in the publish box when publishing to this domain, and you will need to remove it when you publish to your main domain.)
    public_html - directory for main domain
    public_html/newdomain - directory for your add on domain ..

It is also a good idea, to make on your own computer, in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA a new folder that you will store these new pages you create with blue voda in. This will prevent overwriting any exisiting pages for your main domain that might have the same name, example - index - contactus - and possibly more.

Good Luck!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X