Is there a way...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way...?

If I no longer have the computer I originally built my website on, is there a way to access and edit the website on a different computer?

If I download BlueVoda on a different computer can I put my log in information and be able to access my site? Or is there an online editor?

Any options you can offer will be great.

Thanks!

Re: Is there a way...?

Originally posted by JAE3 View Post
    If I no longer have the computer I originally built my website on, is there a way to access and edit the website on a different computer?

If I download BlueVoda on a different computer can I put my log in information and be able to access my site? Or is there an online editor?

Any options you can offer will be great.

Thanks!
    Are you saying you no longer have access to your Voda files?

Theoretically you can download the sitebuilder to any computer, and build pages and publish from anywhere you want, but typically you will only use one computer, as you need to be where you built it to keep the paths the same to your images, etc, when you edit pages.

If you have lost all of that and cannot get it or get access to it, you can still retrieve much of your pages. But if you don't have your images it would almost be easier to build from scratch.

If you do have access to your files, or at least your images, you can get much of your pages back this way:
    Open your sitebuilder.
    File - new page - from existing html
    Tick the box that says Remote - from the internet
    Enter the url of the page you are retrieving
    Click okay

THis will get most of it back
    You will have to fix menus, and repath your images, but it is something, anyway..

Good luck
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
    X