• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page not dispalying properly

hi guys,

i have my website
    www.pine*****pub.co.uk

now to me it looks fine when i view it in IE and blue voda...everyone else says that on the saturday page the text is wrapping over another line of text....also on the monday page the top text is not displaying right.

Can you shed any light on this as i really cant see it from my end...

any help appreciated!!
    cheers

Troy

Re: Page not dispalying properly

It looks fine to me, below is a screen shoot of what I see from my computer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I see what they're talking about. On the Saturday page, the words "Warm Up" are overlapping "With DJ Colin", and in the sentence "After the Pine***** - why not head to your nearest club - Vibes", the words "nearest club - Vibes" are overlapping the graphic just below them. On the Monday page, the headline for karoake goes underneath the border on the right side of that page.

Easiest way to fix the Saturday page it so just start from the bottom and slide everything down a little. On the Monday page, a smaller font for the headline is probably needed unless the border is disposable.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks for your reply racefan.....

have tried to ammend the pages. . any chance you can take alook and see if its made a difference..
        and do you know why to me on my pc it all looks fine??

Comment

what browser and screen resolution are you using.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Troy
            thanks for your reply racefan.....

have tried to ammend the pages. . any chance you can take alook and see if its made a difference..
            and do you know why to me on my pc it all looks fine??

The Saturday page is much better, you might want to slide the Vibes graphic down just another hair and all will be good there. The Monday page is improved as well, the headline doesn't go under the border any longer, but there is a 'T.' overlapping the 8pm-11pm part.

Your answers to *****'s question about resolution and browser will probably explain why you don't see it the same way I do. I'm using 1024X768 with medium sized fonts and an IE based browser if that helps you any.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanx again for your replies...

im using IE at the same resolution as you too. .. its all a bit odd!
              have tried to ammend the pages again,. . hopefully will be ok now...

cheers

Troy

Comment

What size font do you use in your browser? That may be the difference. Just in case you aren't sure how to check, click on View on your IE toolbar, point your mouse at Fonts and a slide out will tell you what setting you're using.

The Saturday page looks good to me, but here's a screen shot of the Monday page to give you a better idea what I'm seeing. (I blacked out the graphic because some people might be a little offended by it, no offense meant.)
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

thanks once again. . .your a star!
                  have looked into my fonts and im using medium aswell...
                  the screen shot of what you pasted is different to waht i see..
                  firstly the font itself is different, and the whole layout of the spacing is different to mine aswell....its confusing me so much now!!

Comment

Okay, then let me ask you this - what font do you use for your pages? I have literally thousands of fonts installed on my pc, and if what I'm seeing is different from what you're seeing you might be using a font that most people don't have on their machines. If they don't have it, they can't see it, either. It is converted to a different font when they view the page.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I also had a bit of trouble with my text overlapping when some people viewed my pages, but it all looked fine to me on my computer. I still see some overlapping on your pages.

The way I fixed the problem on my site: I put all of my text inside tables.

You can click the "table" icon at the top of your Blue Voda working page, then make it 1 column, 1 row. Make all of the layout #s "0" if you don't want to see a frame around your text... if you do, just change it to whatever thickness you would like the border. Then, just type your text and preview it. If you do a table without any borders, it looks just like text on the page, except for some reason it doesn't overlap on some screens anymore. I guess the table keeps it all where it's supposed to be.

For instance, you can view my homepage at my site... it's all inside a table, but you can't see it.

Try that and see if it helps. =)

Julie S.
                      www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Julie's right, tables are a great way to keep your text looking crisp.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I always use tables.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

thanks again for all your help - everyone!
                            i shall try and so this and see what happens then.

As for the probs i was having with the fonts. . i checked my site at a friends last night and the font that comes up is just standard arial. I am using the 'Andy' font on every page but it doesnt appear to be showing up....i know its not uncommon and its included with blue voda so i dont understand why no one else sees the pages using this font?

Comment

Tip:
                              Always use web safe fonts when designing your webpages. Go here for a list:
                              http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/fonts/
                              Forum Moderator
                              BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Working...
                              X