moving pages with ftp back to bv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving pages with ftp back to bv

Hi :) last week my computer died and i lost all my web pages in bv, no backup. now i have a new computer i have tried to copy the pages back over from ftp to bv and it wont let me. It moves it as a .html and when i click to open it says un-expected file format. i have tried changing the name to .bvp and no joy, also tried right click and open in bv and still no joy.

So, firstly is this possible? and if it is how would i do it?

Any help would be great :)

Cheers

Re: moving pages with ftp back to bv

You will need to import your pages into blue voda and save them as .bvp files again ...

go to file .. new page from existing html .. choose remote on the internet .. type in the page url http://www.etc. and the page will import .. there will be some adjustments required and you will discover this when you try this ...

you can download your images if you like from your file manager .. or you can right click and save them from your own website .. sometimes the images come in with them, but you will need these on your computer anyway ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi, really sorry to be a pain but still cant work it out......... sorry.

do you know any other ways?

thanks

Comment

ive got to the bit when i have moved the .html doc from server to bluevoda ftp and renamed as bvp

Comment

Working...
        X