message BV encountered problem and needs to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message BV encountered problem and needs to close

Hi, I can't give my web addy or account as I'm not published yet but am working on my pages. When trying to open a new page via a saved template I am repeatedly getting a pop up that says 'blue voda has experienced a problem and needs to shut down'

just wondering if this is a glitch happening tonight, or within my download or if I've done something wrong. I can open and preview my existing pages. I can also clone a page and build a new one from there, just not from an existing template.

Thanks for any info!

Re: message BV encountered problem and needs to close

Try uninstalling and re-installing the builder from here
    http://www.bluevoda.com/setup.exe

Comment

...I get this all the time. Try opening BV first and then opening the bvp file from within it.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiebaz View Post
        Try uninstalling and re-installing the builder from here
        http://www.bluevoda.com/setup.exe
        thank you, sorry for my ignorance, but what happens to my existing pages when I do this?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
          ...I get this all the time. Try opening BV first and then opening the bvp file from within it.
          I think that's what I'm doing. I open blue voda and then a page. Then I go up to file and click open a new page from template. That's when the message comes up and it shuts down. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a way to go straight to my templates without opening an existing page?

Appreciate the replies!

Comment

Does it happen with other pages as well?

If it does not happen to other pages my suggestion is you lose the page
            that is causing the problem and build a new page.

Normally the message you are receiving is from your pc operating system
            and not from Blue voda.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I have built 3 pages...the first from scratch and the other two based on that template (before this box started to pop up). Now it happens no matter what page I open, then try to build a new page from a template.

Comment

aabutterplace

I have never got that template function to work! (New Page/From Template). It only shows pages that I have saved as templates and when I select one and click OK; it takes me to a Save As window! I do have two folders of templates that I downloaded from VodaHost and those have to be inserted by the Image tool.

In order to load one of the templates that I saved as template; I go to the open icon, open the Templates folder, select All Files in the Type Files box and then you see the template you created, but they have .wwb extension on the file name.

The proceedure in the tutorial works for templates that I download, but not for ones I create and save as template!

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
                  aabutterplace

I have never got that template function to work! (New Page/From Template). It only shows pages that I have saved as templates and when I select one and click OK; it takes me to a Save As window!

YES, this is correct, so now you choose a name and the page stays open and you begin your building - this is so that you do not overwrite "template" with the newly added material - the system makes you save this page by another name, right off the bat to prevent overwriting the template ..

I do have two folders of templates that I downloaded from VodaHost and those have to be inserted by the Image tool.

In order to load one of the templates that I saved as template; I go to the open icon, open the Templates folder, select All Files in the Type Files box and then you see the template you created, but they have .wwb extension on the file name.

DO THE ABOVE, THIS IS HOW THIS FEATURE WORKS.

The proceedure in the tutorial works for templates that I download, but not for ones I create and save as template!

Sorry about the caps, not yelling, just want you all to see this .. LOL ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by aabutterplace View Post
                    I have built 3 pages...the first from scratch and the other two based on that template (before this box started to pop up). Now it happens no matter what page I open, then try to build a new page from a template.

It sounds to me that you have moved these pages somehow .. ????

And as well, if you do not have any templates in this template area, there won't be any to grab?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you very much, LadyEye. This proceedure is not explained in the tuts. Only the downloading of premade templates is explained in the tuts!

When it brought up that "Save As" window; I thought...."I don't want to save as...I want to open a template! So, I thought it was malfunctioning!!

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by judavvforum View Post
                        Thank you very much, LadyEye. This proceedure is not explained in the tuts. Only the downloading of premade templates is explained in the tuts!

When it brought up that "Save As" window; I thought...."I don't want to save as...I want to open a template! So, I thought it was malfunctioning!!

Thanks again.

Well something has to keep us on our toes, right!!

I am waiting for the blue voda version that serves me tea while I daydream, if the Blue Voda website builder makes it any easier we won't have anything to do, LOL ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

For sure BV is great! I haven't used any other in this BV's class; but I can't imagine that they could top BV!

Comment

Working...
                          X