• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timpatco
    Corporal

• Feb 2008

Monster code?

Hi,
    Firstly let me say I am very impressed with BlueVoda. On the surface it looks like the "bees knees" for sitebuilding for someone like me. One question, though, does BV build unwieldy HTML code?, and if so, are there any techniques (such as not re-doing parts over and over) to reduce the HTML load, or is there a way to "clean up" code after I have my website behaving and looking the way I like?
    Anyhow, top marks to the team, an incredibly intuiitive product to use especially when one has MS Office UI experience...love it!
    Tim Collins
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Monster code?

Hi Timpatco.. BV html code works fine... When you replace; republish a web page the previous html is overwritten... Have fun... Doug

Comment

• Timpatco
      Corporal

• Feb 2008

Hi Doug,
      Thanks for the reply, but the question was not if the HTML generated worked OK or not, as it is patently obvious most if not all BV users ought to get viewable results one way or another, but rather if the code generated was unwieldy and basically - inelegent.

My question was, if so are there techniques or practices when using BV that would reduce this, or is there a simple or automated way of "cleaning up code" after it has been generated in BV?
      Tim Collins

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

The BV generated code is clean - although how you add elements to your site could take it to levels otherwise.

If you want to keep code to a minimum, I suggest you use CSS where and when applicable, stay away from putting in tables, etc. It's the elements YOU add that are going to add code.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• 1coolgranny
          Private First Class

• Mar 2007

Hello, I am a new user and can't figure out how to post a new thread. Can someone email me directions? I have tried every thing but can't find how. Email is 1coolgranny.lou******.com. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but had to start somewhere. Thanks all. Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
          X