downloading changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloading changes

Please help. I have designed my website www.senseofstyle.com.au and have employed a company to help me get a better ranking. They have made changes to the pages and now I need to dowload their changes from the server- how on earth do I do that?????

Re: downloading changes

Alison,

You just publish or upload your files again, exactly the same way you did when you made it.

Why though did you pay a company to do this? There is so much about SEO on here and so many people on here that would have helped you to do this for FREE!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

No, Alison....you need to upload the suggested changes to your server (which is a simple process really, of modifying/editing the Index HTML file by using Notebook).

Modifying Blue Voda Created Websites:
      If your site was built using Blue Voda, simply open the pages as indicated and enter the new "values" in the places labeled, usually Page title, Key Words, and Page Description (found in Page Properties, by double-clicking on a blank area of each page while opened in BV). Simply COPY each section as they supplied to you, and Paste them into the appropriate area. Re-publish each page and you're done!

To Modify an HTML-Based, Flash, or other non-BV Website Format:
      Open Blue Voda, if you go to TOOL > FTP MANAGER, go ahead and make a connection to your account, navigate to the proper public_html/ directory your site is located and copy down the index.html file to a place in your "My Documents" that you can get to easily and that does not contain a file like it: disconnect Blue FTP. Open the file using Notebook, and locate within the text structure all the places indicated by the company .... copy/paste their solutions in the right place (deleting the previous) and then close/save the .html file. FTP it back up to the server to the same place it was and it will overwrite the old copy. Done!

For BOTH types of site construct, after the first month, a new sitemap will be generated, and will need to be installed on the site. This is easy to do in BV, but may require you giving access of your cPanel to your SEO guys so they can do it properly for you if it is an HTML, Flash, or other type.

Don't fret over what the "DIY" monkeys call out to you.....professional SEO has it's place and invloves much more than picking Key Words out of hat, or being clever with Page Descriptions......and most professionals back up their homework with real data in comparing at least 100 competitor sites to develop the proper rank metrics to attain, and offer a performance guarantee as well. Also, give it some time....usually you will see dramatic results in the first 30 days, and more gradual yet increasing results in the following 120....at the 6 month point, you should see how refining the combinations monthlyh produce increasing results, and establish a sustainable program for you to emulate (NOT duplicate, for unless you do the same back-office efforts, you will not come up with a relevant or effective stratgy)!

Additionally, be sure to inquire with your chosen professional about link stratigies, and articles: not only creation, but placement. Do not let them confuse you with "Blog Logs" as a satisfactory substitute for genuine Content placed strategically on the web....and, if you want to compare your guys with the professionals I have chosen to partner with for MY cleints (I even flew down to LA to have a day to socialize with Bernard to affirm all the details other clients would never even consider) with your guys, check out www.nationalpositions.com just to be sure you are getting the same treatment for your hard-earned dollar....

GOOD LUCK!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili if you're out there could you provide a little more help?
        This is what I have done
        I have copied the html from the cpanel file manager and then put it into the Blue Voda file ( for one page so far). However I cannot delete the BV generated html so now when I look at page preview I have 2 pages overlapping each other- one original and one with the changes according to the new html.
        How to I delete the generated html or have I really gone the completely wrong way about this????
        Learning but confused

Comment

First of all, I have no idea of what kind of file you are talking about, nor if your site is a BV site or otherwise....those need to be stated first.

Maybe you can reply to my email so I can see if we can get you straightened out easily enough?

Check your website "inbox"....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X