text font changes when published...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text font changes when published...

How come when I create, save, and publish my websites in a Seogae Print font, then I check the site online all the fonts have changed to New Times Roman. It varies on different computers...some show the right font, some will show different fonts. Also, on some computers the page width is so large you have to scroll over to see the entire page. My page widths are all set between 800 and 1200, so that isn't the problem. Any ideas?

Re: text font changes when published...

The font that you have used is not web friendly. This means that most browsers will not recognize it and will deafult to Times New Roman or Arial or whatever the default font is. It all depends on whether the computer has this font installed and enabled in the browser. Since you cannot control what site visitors have, i suggest that you turn to a webfriendly font.

If it is only a few words, you can publish the text as image, but for the main text body use a web friendly font.

Scrolling bars: depends on the monitor settins, if the monitor is set at a 800x600 resolution, you will have scrolloing bars even with a 800 px page width.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok thanks for the tip. Could you help me with my post about not getting emails from my form I set up? I posted it earlier today.

Comment

Re: screen size...

The screen size seems to work fine on laptop computers...however when the website is viewed on a desktop the pages are all spead out and I have to use the scroll bar to move over to view the rest of the page...

Comment

Use the minimize option on the top right hand corner of your screen
          after which you can adjust manually to the exact size using your cursor.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X