Storing passwords to upload BV pages to webspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing passwords to upload BV pages to webspace

When finishing my pages in BlueVoda I have uploaded them one per one to my webspace.

Now you have to do this page per page, and each time you have the option to click a box saying your password will be stored. I don't want this because sometimes a friend uses my computer and I don't want other people to be able to change my uploaded pages or upload new pages to my webspace.

I don't think I marked any box to store the password, but I feel a bit insecure because I uploaded many pages and feel a bit insecure if I made no mistake.

I opened BlueVoda again, picked a random page and selected the upload function from the menu again. The popup for uploading opened and the bars where you fill in your username and master password were both empty (and the option to remember password unmarked)

Does this mean no password has been stored and no reason to panic?

Does it mean that, when opening BlueVoda and trying to upload a new page and you a blank bar for username and password, does that mean no password was stored at all?

Or can it be that if of the 25 pages you upload you accidently clicked "store password" in only 1 of the 25 popups... can it be that your password was stored just for that one page?

I would like to be sure that no password was stored and that everytime I want to upload a new page from BlueVoda to my site, I want to be asked to enter username and master password. I don't like to have any password stored and would like to be sure this hasn't happened.

Apart from that, my compliments again to VodaHost, the BlueVoda sitebuilder is really great. Fantastic product for HTML rookies like me!
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: Storing passwords to upload BV pages to webspace

I can't really say if it will store the password on a page by page basic (because I don't use BV), but I doubt it does. I would think even if you did check it to store the password and then the next time you published you made sure it wasn't checked it would clear the password.

If you are that worried make a second user on your computer, that way your friends can use a different user and no personal data can be accessed between users

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks,

Also I noticed that to access the control panel you need to enter your email address + the password which is identical to your FTP password. I wonder if you can change your control panel password so that the current password remains for FTP while another one is used for accessing the control panel? Seems more secure than when both use the same password.

I may worry a bit too much about issues like this, but I can be a very paranoid person when it comes to security. Few friends of mine got hacked in the past and I prefer to avoid all possible risks.

Comment

1. Passwords is cleared if you publish a page with the "Remember..." box inchecked.

2. You can NOT exclude your MASTER username and password from being used for publishing / uploading. The MASTER details will ALWAYS enable BV to publish/upload.

3. As i already said, the password is cleared, so it is not stored anywhere in BV. However, you can create and use a different username / password just for publishing / uploading purposes.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

So even if you accidently tick the box to store a password, simply unticking it next time means the password is cleared throughout the whole BV ?

So if I open BV and click "publish" and see an empty username/password bar, this means for sure the password was not stored?

Comment

Yes.
            Yes.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Super. Thanks for the fast help!

By the way, it is not possible to change master password for the cpanel but not for publishing pages in BlueVoda? I would like to have a slightly longer and more complex password for the Cpanel, but it is handy to keep the current easy-to-remind password for publishing in BlueVoda. But this is not possible?

Comment

As i said: you can change your CP password, and make it whatever you like. Then, you can create a further FTP account, with whatever username and password (easy ones) to use for publishing.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X