Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Shapes" have lost some elements over time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shapes" have lost some elements over time.

Hi all!

I use rounded-rectangle shapes a lot. Over time I have noticed that some tended to lose their top and bottom 'lines'. I just renewed the shapes.

However, more and more shapes seem to be succumbing to this malaise. So before renewing them all just to, perhaps, fail again in the future, I wanted to see if anybody else had encountered this phenomenon and how it was fixed.

Everything is fine in preview, it's only when published (html generated) that there seems to be a problem.

For those of you who kindly take the time to look at my site: I have fixed the 1st level pages, the faulty pages are now only on the 2nd level, e.g. Other Sports > American Football.

Thanks
    John
    www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"

Re: "Shapes" have lost some elements over time.

Hello I've checked using IE6 and you are right!! Can't explain why though. Hopefully someone will come along soon and shed some light on it.

Nice site though

Darren

Comment

It’s a strange one this, as the same http://www.clanfootball.com/bv01084.gif image is working on other pages IE: http://www.clanfootball.com/scottish_clans_tartans.html
      I can only assume that at some time the image may have been resized on another page & it has effected to looks of these images. Have you possibly cut & pasted an image & the resized it on another page? As I noticed the properties of the image on the page is 148x292, but the true image size is 148x636 & note sure if this is effecting what has happened.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Darren & Chris for your quick responses!

Yes Chris, I've copied and pasted the images - and maybe resized one or two but that's all - but does that address the fact that the problems have happened over time)? They weren't there on 'day one'.

I'll leave this open for a wee while yet just to see if anybody else has had this problem, and then I'll probably replace the faulty ones individually.

Thanks again
        John
        www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"

Comment

John,

Is one example on the your home page at the bottom of your "Gossip" section? If so that is seemingly being caused by the frame that is overlapping the bottom of the shape.

*Ok I was opening the site in Firefox instead of IE, and that shape isn't affected when I loaded the page in IE, however I think the reason for other boxes may be the same. If you are framing in some sort of feed from another website, it might be overlapping the bottom of your shape and making it appear to be missing.

If you can send me a link to a specific page where this is happening I might be able to tell more!
          Jacob Hebert
          Lake Conroe Real Estate

Comment

Working...
          X